Followers

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Fairy Girl Forget-me-not

Evening all

I hope you have all had a fabulous Tuesday.  I have had a nice relaxing day, doing a bit more tidying in my craft room and colouring my stamps and digis.  Tonights card is a digi called Fairy Girl Forget-me-not by the very talented Artist Morgan Fitzsimons and you can buy her here.

When I saw this fairy I had an idea that I wanted to play with and I hope you like what I have done.  I printed the fairy onto Neenah card and coloured her in using my Spectrum Noirs I draw around the wings on Parchment and then cut her out and cut off the wings.  With the parchment I have embossed and coloured with Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid.  I then pricked around the wings and cut out with my tweezer scissors to give a serated edge.


This is the completed card


This is a close up of her wings using Parchment

The backing paper is white card which I have stamped swirls in Perfect Medium and then using Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent shimmer powders dusted over the whole of the page.  I then stamped a couple of butterflies and heat embossed them in pink and silver embossing powders.  I layered this onto pale green silk art card and added my backing card.  I have added pale green ribbon down the side.  Using parchment again I punched out two butterflies using Martha Stewart punch.  I inked them using Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid.  Down the centre of the butterflies I have added pale green gems.  The flowers down the bottom right hand corner I have added glossy accents and glitter.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx



36 comments:

  1. I love this card and the colouring is fantastic, Morgan's designs are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope!!! Not saying anything!!! I'm boring! Always say the same thing me, beautiful! so I'm not saying anything this time!! Oh blast I already said it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little fairy is so beautiful...forget-me-not indeed! Your colouring is amazing work...love everything about this card, Linda.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing card. You obviously had great fun playing. That's a clever and effective idea with the wings. I love the image and the colours you've chosen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card hunnee wow xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow super cute. I love the attention to detail on the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! I love the butterflies and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm working with this image too; now I need to rethink my plan; this is awesome Linda! Great idea with the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the added butterflies. Thank you for joining us for Sassy Studio Designs Dare to be Sassy Thursday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning,love the image .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello Linda,

    Love it all, the beautiful image (I have it ! and must use it now I have seen yours) the parchment is just great and I love the flowers.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful card linda I lvoe the colors and great coloring
    hugs Lia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colours and I love what you've done with the wings

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow o wow o wow , i love her, wonderfull card x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is beautiful work, that's all I can say. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card and fabulous colouring. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Linda!I Love the colors.

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's beautiful. Love your coloring and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card Linda! My garden is full of forget me nots at the moment and I keep meaning to go out and collect some for pressing, but it wont stop raining!
    Love Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful card Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful!!! I like what you did with the backing paper and her wings. And she has very pretty skin color.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely gorgeous Linda, love the parchment wings and your colour scheme. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Linda and lovely colouring xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. absolutely gorgeous, love the image, especially her wings x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thats a lovely card xxxx Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really stunning Linda, I absolutely love this gorgeous fairy image and the papers, die cuts and flowers are all beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marvelous color combo in that turquoise and pink, Linda! Adore those butterflies and the flowers just 'make' the card. Fabby coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very enchanting. I love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT, and hope to see you back.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful and amazing card ...love the colour & wings

    Rose
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is stunning linda, i totally love her x

    ReplyDelete
  32. cute card thanks for joining us at the Crazy Challenge

    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just So Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! We hope you come back and play with us again Really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card! Love those roses. Thanks so much for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx