Followers

Monday, 16 April 2012

Flower Poppet

Evening to all my crafty friends and followers

Well I suppose my post is better late than never.  The time fairy has taken away a few hours again today.  I have been busy I must admit and I have gotten 6 of the 10 cards I need to make today before I go away tomorrow for a few days.  Some me time and really looking forward to it too.  I am going to see a couple of friends and have a good catch up.  Anyway here is my card for you today.  I have used a combination of the Paintbox Poppet Christine Haworth stamps and the CD which I purchased from Crafter's Companion.  I do love this CD and the stamps are a dream to use too.



Recipe & Method

1.  Card base is 8 x 8 pearlescent.
2.  First layer is Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress collection which I have used my Spellbinder Donna Salazar die.  I then distressed back the top layer of the card to show the core.
3.  The second layer I have printed off from the above mentioned CD onto pearlescent paper and again using Spellbinder Donna Salazar die cut this out I have inked the edges first using Dew Drop VersaMagic Pumpkin Spice and add some cream and pale orange organza ribbon down the left hand side before layering it down.
4.  I stamped the image onto Neenah card and cut out using Spellbinder Fleur De Lis Rectange die.  I also stamped the circle from the Stamp sheet and added Happy Birthday.  I then cut this out using Spellbinder circle die.
5.  I have used Pumpkin spice to distress the greeting and around the edges of the rectangle.  I have coloured the imjages in using Derwent watercolour pencils.
6.  To finish off I have added some buttons from my stash which I have threaded with gold thread.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs

26 comments:

  1. Such a soft, cute card, Linda. Love the image and the dies are some of my favourites. Love it all!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card linda with a sweet image.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. a gorgeous card, love the image and colours you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card, Linda I really love the whole card and your image is just so well tied in very very lovely. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage look of this card. Your colouring is superb. Enjoy your few days away x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely vintage feel to this one, real pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty Linda. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, just love the image, she is so pretty and lovely colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card I love the colour palette. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, the image is lovely.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card linda and lovely soft colours. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Linda, love all the dies you've used and the image is so pretty. Enjoy your days away. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty image and beautifully coloured.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Linda , i too love this cd , its so easy to work with ...
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WONDERFUL! Love the lattice look frame around this precious image too! So pretty and cute at the same time!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty card Linda and lovely soft colour palette.

    Thanks so much for joining our Birthday celebrations at Stampalot challenge and hope you can join our blog hop as we have some great prizes.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooops, forgot to say thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts this week and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Linda
    A gorgeous card and the image is so cute, I have just ordered the die it is beautiful.
    Have a good few days away.
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. that's really beautiful. Love the vintage style.
    Many thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really pretty.Thanks for joining the birthday celebrations at Sir Stampalot,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. Thank so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really pretty. Love the colour combo and your use of diecuts around the image. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous card and such a sweet image, beautifully coloured - love those muted tones! Thanks for joining in the Birthday celebrations at Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. fab creation thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot challenge and good luck!

    hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx