Well after a busy day catching up on my blog admin and commenting on all your fabulous creations I finally made a card. I hope you have all had a good day. I have done some washing and getting the shopping done so that I don't have to do anything except housework this weekend. I am intending to spend the whole weekend playing with all my crafty bits and making cards for me!!!
Well today's card is a stamped image from Crafter's Companion Strawberry Kisses range. While I was in Leeds I was able to play and coloured this stamp in using Promarkers, I was not confident using these alcohol pens but Mike taught me how to use them. I have the full range of Spectrum Noirs so I have promised myself that I will spend Sunday watching Leann's CD and colouring. I have always used watercolour pencils but after being shown how to use the alcohol pens I am hooked. I was really thrilled to be able to get the effect that I wanted for this particular image.
Recipe & Method
1. Base card is Centura pink pearlescent card cut down to measure 6 x 6.
2. The black layer is Core'dinations Black Magic which I cut out using a Spellbinder die and then embossed using Spellbinders M Bossabilites Simplicity folder. I then distressed the card to reveal the core colour of pale pink.
3. I stamped and coloured the image "Yum" using Promarker pens and then cut out using Spellbinder Rectangle die. I distressed the edges with Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid. I have highlighted the ice cream using Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles.
4. Down the side I added a double layer of self adhesive borders from my stash and some deep pink pearls from my Stash
5. The sentiment is from Kraftyhands sentiment diecuts.
6. The swirls and vines are Whimsy Shapeology Dies, Vine and Foilage.
Thank you for stopping by Today