Followers

Friday, 20 April 2012

Strawberry Kisses

Good Evening my Crafty Friends & Followers

Well after a busy day catching up on my blog admin and commenting on all your fabulous creations I finally made a card.  I hope you have all had a good day.  I have done some washing and getting the shopping done so that I don't have to do anything except housework this weekend.  I am intending to spend the whole weekend playing with all my crafty bits and making cards for me!!!

Well today's card is a stamped image from Crafter's Companion Strawberry Kisses range.  While I was in Leeds I was able to play and coloured this stamp in using Promarkers, I was not confident using these alcohol pens but Mike taught me how to use them.  I have the full range of Spectrum Noirs so I have promised myself that I will spend Sunday watching Leann's CD and colouring.  I have always used watercolour pencils but after being shown how to use the alcohol pens I am hooked.  I was really thrilled to be able to get the effect that I wanted for this particular image.



Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is Centura pink pearlescent card cut down to measure 6 x 6.
2.  The black layer is Core'dinations Black Magic which I cut out using a Spellbinder die and then embossed using Spellbinders M Bossabilites Simplicity folder.  I then distressed the card to reveal the core colour of pale pink.
3.  I stamped and coloured the image "Yum" using Promarker pens and then cut out using Spellbinder Rectangle die.  I distressed the edges with Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid.  I have highlighted the ice cream using Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles.
4.  Down the side I added a double layer of self adhesive borders from my stash and some deep pink pearls from my Stash
5.  The sentiment is from Kraftyhands sentiment diecuts.
6.  The swirls and vines are Whimsy Shapeology Dies, Vine and Foilage.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs

25 comments:

  1. What a delicious card. Your colouring is wonderful, you've got the hang of those pens already x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic coloring!!!! Very pretty with the markers and can't wait to see more. Lovely card too!
    Have a great weekend.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww love it, cute fat bunny, love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, beautiful colouring, and the bunny is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Linda! Good luck with the pens...I absolutely love using them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card I love it. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Linda - I really like the way you have used black with it - and your colouring is really good too. I have never used speccies but love my ProMarkers.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely lovely card. You've coloured it in well if you are only just getting to grips with the pens. I love the dark colour background as it really sets off the image beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Linda, the image made me smile and is super cute, just love those swirls and vines too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Linda, the image is fab as is your layout.
    I love my promarkers but it took me a while to get used to them after watercolour pencils - glad I persisted though. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe great image - he looks suitably satisfied with himself.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This image is stinking cutie. I love your coloring

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the whole card but especially the stamped image. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the whole card but especially the stamped image. Super cute or should I say sweeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fabulous card, you have coloured it so well, love the image, brought a smile to my face x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is beautiful Linda, and beautifully coloured.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fun image linda and a lovely card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Linda
    A beautiful card with a very cute image, I love pink and black.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic coloring on this cute image! You're a natural with the alcohol markers. Love all the layers too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Linda, that's just the cutest image and the card is fabby! That bunny looks so content (translate "Stuffed"!), and your black, white and pink color combo is marvelous. Love that dp!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks yummy, Linda. Well crafted!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  24. cute as a button, thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx