Followers

Monday, 9 April 2012

Gritty Giraffe Ballerina

Afternoon my Craft Friends and Followers

I hope you are all having a fabulous Monday and doing something good.  Me I am in my craft room (as usual I hear you all say).  I have one of the busiest weeks this week as I have 3 lots of Design team work to get finished before next Sunday and I need to do my hubby's birthday card again, I have made him one but can I find it?  I put it away so he wouldn't see it and I can't remember where it is this safe place!!!!!!!

Anyway I made this card a few weeks back and found it whilst I was looking for hubby's card.  I have used Sherri Baldy's Gritty Giraffe Ballerina which you can purchase here.  This is just one of the fabulous digi's you can purchase from Scrapbook Stamp Society I just love these cute giraffe characters and have made a couple of cards in the range.


Recipe & Method

1.  Card base is from Kanban Crafts. 
2.  The first layer is taken from My Craft Studio Papercrafty Library Men-y Happy Returns, giraffe print which I have tiled and cut out using Spellbinder die Labels 20.
3.  Gritty has been printed onto Supersmooth card and then cut out using Spellbinder die Labels 20.  I have coloured the giraffe with Derwent watercolour pencils and inked the edges with Dew Drops VersaMagic Gingerbread and Mango.
4.  I have added Card Candy around the edges and a pair of ballerina slippers from my stash.



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs

21 comments:

  1. hi Linda,

    another lovely card, that giraffe image is just too cute and I love the colouring as well. The papers are beautiful and all the lovely embellishments add to the overall card.

    I am happy that you found this card and were able to share it.

    Thanks again for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I look forward to seeing more of your work, happy crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is this image...I so love it! The finished result is too cutew for words. Love spellbinders die Labels 20 and the card candy is just perfect to finish it all off. Good luck in the challenge.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the image, so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that giraffe is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours....Busy day here too, forgot I had 3 blog posts for today's DT projects now working on some more things....Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card Linda.
    Huge Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute and beautiful linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Linda, love the giraffe

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cut card..love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card and image. Love the candy dots all around too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ballerinas always touch my heart and this one is no exception. What a fab image! Love the little ballet slippers and all the brads. Incredible sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great image xx Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just so cute, love the image and the lovely soft colors, just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely as expected. You have the best shapes and I always love the extras you find that co-ordinate from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda

    So cute, lovely image, and great colours.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww this is so adorable, I just love this image and the card candy looks fantastic, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your design and colouring Linda so beautiful and delicate. I love your colouring of the giraffelina but I had to smile at the legwarmers can you imagine how long they would have to be for a real giraffe lol but your little ballerina slippers are the most adorable embellishment ever! I can't help going back for a close look at her face she is just so pleased with herself Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Linda, this is so cute! My friend will have to have it for her new, about to be born, baby girl. Her favorite thing is giraffes and she does ballet so this will be the PERFECT image for a baby project for her!!! So glad you posted this!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now it is such a sweet project: )
    Thank you soo much for sharing your project with us at Oozak's blog!
    x
    anaRy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx