Followers

Thursday, 12 April 2012

Laura Flower Girl

Hello my crafty friends and followers

I hope you have all had as a productive day as I have had.  I have finally finished one lot of DT work and after my evening meal I am going to get going on another lot of DT work.  As I am typing this here in my craft room the sun is shining in through the window and feels lovely and warm, there is a bit of a breeze which is quite chilly.  I am a bit late in posting today but once I got into the "Zone" with the cards I have made I just knew if I stopped I would loose my ideas.  Anyway you don't want to hear me babbling on and want to see my card.  I hope you like it, I have used Laura Flower Girl, this is one of my favourite Elisabeth Bell stamps and you can purchase it here.


Recipe & Method

1.  Card base is from Kanban Crafts.
2.  I have matted and layered onto the front and inside of the card using paper from my K & CO paper pack.  The inside matt I have punched out a butterfly in each corner using my Martha Stewart corner punch.
3.  I have distressed the scalloped section off the card using Dew Drops Brilliance using Sky blue as well as the edges of the topper.
4.  I have stamped Laura onto white Supersmooth card and cut her out using my Spellbinder scalloped circle die.  I then coloured her in using my Derwent watercolour pencils.
5.  I attached a butterfly charm to jump rings and threaded blue ribbon through and made a bow.  The swirl is from Memory Box which I have added blue gems and some roses which have been distressed with the same ink which is mentioned above.  The butterflies are punched out using my Martha Stewart punch. I have added pale blue gems down the body and as the butterfly trails.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs

42 comments:

  1. I love all the details you put into the card. I also love your blog and the RECIPE that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shes adorable, realy pretty card hun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, love the image and the use of gems. Also like the distressing to the edges.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda the card is so pretty and i am loving the charm gems and flowers xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely card, Linda she is beautifully coloured and I like all the butterflies (I do love butterflies) your flowers are so pretty too. vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty girl Laura is. You have really done her justice. Thank you for your visit this week, and for your very kind comments. By the way, why don't you join us all on WOYWW? I am sure there are so many people who would love to see your work. Have a great week. xx Maggie #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so soft, sweet and beautiful. I think your creation is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week.

    Good Luck

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous Linda...so pretty...and blue! Lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful so soft and blue
    love it
    great work
    thanks for sharing
    makes my work feel like a kids
    lol
    www.lilfeathers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the sweet image, the butterflies and the roses.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. this card is stunning Linda, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card. I love the colour and your beautiful embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog Challenges. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so cute. I love the shape of your card, and butterfly you can put on every card. lol never to many.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda

    I just love this, the colours are wonderful and the image is so cute.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda
    Me again, just been having a look at these stamps, they are so lovely, but do you have any problem re shipping etc? never bought anything from Australia.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an adorable card Linda, I love the colour too x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Linda this is just stunning!!!!1 Love the design and the image is just magical!!!!! Wow excellent work my friend!!!!!! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty Linda, it's lovely and the image is so cute.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute card Linda so soft and bleu.

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card, Linda - love the image and papers x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, love the image and the lovely soft colors, love the flowers and the little butterflys xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous, I love this image and she looks lovely in blue, Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining our Challenge at Elphine House Australia this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  24. I DO love blue - and love, love, love this card! Oh so pretty and soft. Gorgeous!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful card Linda ! would make a lovely keepsake for a bridesmaid xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of fantastic details on your beautiful card. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh so pretty~~and you used my FAVE color:) Nicely done Linda and so glad you could join us at EBWorld!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really gorgeous hun, such a pretty image and those blues are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooooo, Love the monochromatic blues, Linda! Gorgeous with the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful Linda, love the sweet image. Thanks for sharing at CPF this time. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just adorable Linda. I love the colour of blue you have used...so pretty for that gorgeous image you have used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty card Linda! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really pretty card!! Thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Linda, this is very lovely. Well done. Thanks for joining The Crafty Pad

    Venus

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the BnW challenge this month.

    Hugs, Audhild

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing Just Inspirational Challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a lovely card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Elphine House Australia ...

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  38. So lovely. Great

    Thank you very much for joining us a EB World

    Hugs from germany

    Sebrina

    ReplyDelete
  39. Me again ;o)

    Thank you also for joining us at EBWorld last month ..

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is a really beautiful card!! Thanks for always stopping over at my blog and leaving a comment!! It really mean a lot!!! Thanks for joiniing us at EBW! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx