Followers

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Leyla

Good morning my crafty friends and followers

Whew what a busy day I had yesterday.  In total I finished one lot of Design Team work and made 3 cards for me :).  In total I made 9 cards yesterday, admittedly I should have gone to bed  but you know when you are in the zone you just have to keep on going or when you go to bed your brain won't switch off.  Must admit though when I did get to bed it took me about an hour to get to sleep.  Well refreshed today and I have done quite a few jobs that needed doing before posting this card.

I made this card using Divine Divas which is a collaboration between the Glitter Girls and Jem's Designs. I love the beautiful divas on here and I picked Leyla.  When I was married to my first husband who was Turkish, his cousins little girl used to call me Leyla and it stuck, so for 12½ years that is what I was called. :)  I have made a very simple card to show how very versatile CD crafting can be!  Using CD's can be as intricate as you want it to be as there are a lot of computer programmes that you can alter the images, backing papers, toppers etc to suit the size of card you wish to make.


Recipe and Method

1.  Base card is Centura Pearlescent card from Crafter's Companion folded in half to make an A5 card.
2.  I printed off the backing paper and the topper from the CD.
3.  I matted the backing paper on the the base of the card and the topper was matted onto silver mirri card.
4.  I have added lace which I bought from Polkadoodles at Harrogate and added the sentiment Birthday on top.
5.  To finish off I added black pearl swirls and on the other 3 corners I have added black pearls.


Thank you for visiting my blog today
Hugs


22 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Linda,love all the details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, your card is stunning. Thank you for sharing with us over at Love to Create.
    ~Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I love the black embellishments with the white x
    http://acecardsandree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Linda I like the image and those swirls.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Gorgeous Linda!! Such a stunning image! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card hun, I love the image and the papers and that gem flourish is fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Linda I love the image.

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW !! Fantastic card, Linda. I'm just loving what you do with CD cards. What fantastic papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really Pretty!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! Come Back and play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is gorgeous. I am crazy over this images lol
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  11. whenever I read the name Leyla I alway want to sing Leyy laha because of the song opening. I think it is a great name it suits you so she chose well!! Your design here is gorgeous, Linda you have framed the image so beautifully. I have seen parts of some shows from Jems Designs and the artwork is wonderful. Interesting topics too. Pretty tempted. and even more now with your inspiration. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very stylish ,a quite exquisite image too .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda
    a very beatiful card and image, I love the white with black gems.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgous card thanx for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck.

    Caz CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an innovative artform in creating wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing your masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWSERS!!! What a stunner this one is! Gorgeous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is gorgeous! Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am # 103)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning card, such a beautiful image.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning, Linda!!! Wow, she is so incredibly beautiful!!! I love, love, love this. It's absolutely perfect!!! You have been doing such an amazing job and I see your blog is growing like crazy! Great work, my friend! xoxoxo

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx