Followers

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Up, Up and Away

Good Afternoon everyone

Well as I sit here in my craft room overlooking my garden, the sky is grey, the wind is blowing and of course it is raining!  I sure hope May is a much nicer and warmer month than the month we have had here in the UK.

This afternoon/early evening I am posting a card using one of the new Digi's from Scrapbook Stamp Society.  Sherri Baldy is the lovely lady behind this fabulous site along with many great artists.  Sherri asked us Society Girls which of us wanted to play with the New Digi's I said of course!  This is just one of them, I had such fun colouring this image in which is called "80 days with Nellie by Sherri Baldy.  While I was colouring Nellie and her Balloon in a song kept coming back to me "up, up and away in my beautiful balloon"  I don't know who sang this but I do remember it from my youth.  LOL :)


Recipe & Method


1.  I have taken a piece of A3 pearlescent white card and scored and cut to make a stepper card.
2.  From my stash I took a piece of pale blue card and using my Spellbinders Grande Labels 23 I have cut out layer one.  Using Pan Pastel in ultramarine blue I have distressed the edge to highlight the embossing.
3.  I took a piece of multicolour mirri card and using Spellbinder Grande Scalloped Rectangle I have cut out the 2nd layer.
4.  I printed off Nellie onto Neenah Card and coloured her in with Spectrum Noirs.  I then cut her out using Grande Labels 23.  I then used Pan Pastel in ultramine blue and white and softly embossed the rest of the card to give a sky-like look.
5.  Using pale blue ribbon from my stash I have added it to part of the stepper and made a bow and added 2 hat pins.
6.  To finish off I have used Whimsy dies, vines and elegant butterflies.  I have added pale blue gems to the vines and the butterfly.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx


18 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card. Love all the blue on this and that pop of pink just really makes it stand out.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous hun , love the image sooo cute . beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning creation, Linda. I love the image and the mirri card just rainbows behind the spellbinders die topper. Fabulous!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderfull, i love the shape and the colouring, ..lol i remember that song playing on the radio whe i was young... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue in this card Linda and the rainbow mirri looks amazing. I love how the bow and hat pins look like another butterfly too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Linda.Beautiful image.I make this too.

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Linda, love the image and great colors, what a gorgeous butterfly and the bling. I remember the song sung by 5th Dimention, but has been sung by others lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the details on the side panel :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, you've been busy today.....another great card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Linda the detail in it is gorgeous. Good luck in the challenges

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely image, especially like the way you have used the stepper card with the vine leaves and butterfly.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i remember that song linda and it alos reminds me of the nimble bread advert. Beautifull card as always linda. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Certainly feels like we could blow away with this weather! Lovely card and image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunning card hun, I love the image and the colours, fold and die cuts all look gorgeous, love the bow and pins as well
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card, beautiful colours and a fabulous fold too. Thanks for joining us at Clear it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a really lovely card. I love the main image and the way you have embellished the card.

    Always a pleasure seeing your work. Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at SGC
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx