Well as I sit here in my craft room overlooking my garden, the sky is grey, the wind is blowing and of course it is raining! I sure hope May is a much nicer and warmer month than the month we have had here in the UK.
This afternoon/early evening I am posting a card using one of the new Digi's from Scrapbook Stamp Society. Sherri Baldy is the lovely lady behind this fabulous site along with many great artists. Sherri asked us Society Girls which of us wanted to play with the New Digi's I said of course! This is just one of them, I had such fun colouring this image in which is called "80 days with Nellie by Sherri Baldy. While I was colouring Nellie and her Balloon in a song kept coming back to me "up, up and away in my beautiful balloon" I don't know who sang this but I do remember it from my youth. LOL :)
Recipe & Method
1. I have taken a piece of A3 pearlescent white card and scored and cut to make a stepper card.
2. From my stash I took a piece of pale blue card and using my Spellbinders Grande Labels 23 I have cut out layer one. Using Pan Pastel in ultramarine blue I have distressed the edge to highlight the embossing.
3. I took a piece of multicolour mirri card and using Spellbinder Grande Scalloped Rectangle I have cut out the 2nd layer.
4. I printed off Nellie onto Neenah Card and coloured her in with Spectrum Noirs. I then cut her out using Grande Labels 23. I then used Pan Pastel in ultramine blue and white and softly embossed the rest of the card to give a sky-like look.
5. Using pale blue ribbon from my stash I have added it to part of the stepper and made a bow and added 2 hat pins.
6. To finish off I have used Whimsy dies, vines and elegant butterflies. I have added pale blue gems to the vines and the butterfly.
Thank you for stopping by Today