Followers

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Another use for Acetate!

Good evening all

Well I have had a lovely day meeting up with my crafty friends Mike and Ian from Kraftyhands.  We have finalised the changes for the Kraftyhands blog so keep your ears peeled.  My lips are sealed until the weekend when I will be explaining everything.

Well I hope it has been lovely and sunny wherever you are.  It has been glorious here in the UK and about time too!!!

My card tonight I have made using items that have been lying around now for about 9 months and needed to be made into a card.  I hope you like what I have made :)


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is from Kanban Crafts.
2.  The first layer is from Kanban Crafts from their Kandi Core Card Range. I have used one of my Martha Stewart corner punches  on each of the corners and then adhered it to the base of the card.
3.  The trees have been stamped onto acetate and placed over a piece of card which has been distressed using an Assortment of Tim Holtz distress inks (sorry I can't remember which colours).
4.  I have cut the acetate down and using brads attached to the distress inked card and placed onto the first layer.
5.  To finish off I have added 3 buttons to the top and leaves from my stash to the bottom.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx

15 comments:

  1. That's a lovely card Linda, I like the idea of stamping onto acetate and I like how you've done the background for the trees on the backing card. I love that corner punch and the buttons are a perfect match x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Linda
    you have done a great job.
    I have never seen this technique you just amaze me.

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    I hope to see you enter next week!!
    Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this linda. fabulous design pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Linda. I always get a very 'pleased with myself' feeling when I create a card from bits and bobs. Love the colours and especially the blending of colours for the background. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love how you used the acetate and that background is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you stamped the background behind the trees. Incredible effect with the trees on the acetate. I love it all !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Linda this is soooooo stunning, gorgeous colours, and an absolutely beautiful scene and really pretty flowers, just so lovely.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. and you left it for how long? how could you its fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, I love the colours.
    Thanks for entering our challenge over at Creative Craft this fortnight.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing work!
    Thanks for sharing with us at SFC!
    Hugs, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, I love it. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Linda, love the silhouette of the trees against the background

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card with beautiful colours- thanks for playing along at CCC hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi Linda,
    this is just beautiful, the main scene is so peaceful and has such beautiful colours.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx