Followers

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Catherine

Afternoon Everyone

Well I am in the best place today busy crafting and keeping warm, just had my lunch and now back to it.  Before I get on with some more samples I have a card for you that I have made.  I found this A4 card whilst I was tidying up last week and thought it would be ideal to showcase Catherine from Jem's Designs Beautiful CD.

 Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is A4 and from my stash, this is part of an old Kanban kit that I had for quite a few years.
2.  I have printed off Catherine onto pearlescent paper (this paper is quite thick and sturdy and I bought this from Anna Marie Designs).  I use this all the time for printing onto and it is so easy to cut especially for decoupage.
3.  I have printed off the decoupage sheet and I resized the fan in my graphics programme and added "Happy Mother's Day"
4.  I matted the base layer of the decoupage onto pale blue pearlescent card and positioned this onto the card.  Decoupaged Catherine and then added blue gems to her dress and aurora burealis gems to the twinkles and flowers on the base.
5.  I have added the fan and made a bow in Navy Blue and tied baby blue ribbon around the centre and curled the ribbon with my scissors.  I have added a blue and white rose.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx

29 comments:

  1. thats realy lovely linda, the touch of gold realy sets it off x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely card, with an elegant colour scheme. thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially for You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant card Linda, I like the image and the gold swirls.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Linda! I love visiting your blog for my daily portion of beauty and creativity. You just never disappoint! Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful ... very regal! The fan sentiment is so unique! Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially for You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant with beautiful colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, Linda. The blue and gold works so well together.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, i used this image for a lady at work who wanted a mothers day card :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Linda .....Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Linda...so elegeant, love the colurs anddetail...beautiful.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Linda, this is just gorgeous! Love that image and the fan too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant card Linda, like your chosen colourways

    Soop x

    ReplyDelete
  13. brilliant card linda..pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowser! I hope there's going to be more like this to keep her company. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Linda. Love pearlescent paper too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Love the colors and she is so elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card. I really love that image.
    thanks for joining our challenge at Lollipop Crafts this week.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...What a fantastic card . The colours are so eye catching ....Perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, Linda that cd is appropriately named. Love your design and embellishments. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very elegant! Such a beautifully stunning card! Thanks for playing along with us at ME4Y! : )

    Kristy
    http://scraptasticalkreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous image. Reminds me of Cinderella. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Made Especially for You!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty, love the depth of colour in that blue! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So elegant! This is a beautiful card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially For You!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning!! Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!! Come back and play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the deep colors with your fabulous image, stunning card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card!!!!
    Thank you for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx