Followers

Saturday, 12 May 2012

Pretty in Purple

Good Evening all

I hope you have all had a good day today!  The weather here at the moment is gorgeous, the sky is a lovely colour of blue and the sun is out.  I makes a nice change to see the sun and some blue skies.

Tonight my card is using a new digi from the talented artist Sherri Baldy over at Scrapbook Stamps Society.   The digi is called Birthday Girl Word.  This little girl needed to be made in my favourite colour purple!



Recipe & Method

1.  The base card is 11 x 8 from my stash.
2.  The base layer is pearlescent purple paper which I have punched down one side using Woodware border punch.  I cut this out to cover the whole of the card base.
3.  Using Spellbinder grande label die and cut out the second layer which is silver mirri card.
4.  I printed the image onto Neenah card and then cut out using grande label die.  Before taking out of the die I have used Dew Drop Brilliance Pearlescent Lavender.  I have coloured the little girl in all shades of purple using my spectrum noirs.  On the cup cake and the hat I have used Cosmic Shimmer glitter glue.
5.  I have added a purple bow and pearl stick pins.  The butterflies are from my stash.  To finish off I have added white pearl gems.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx

12 comments:

  1. Really stunning Linda, beautiful colours and the punched border and the bow look absolutely beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the details of the punched edge, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card linda..pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh this is divine Linda hun I love the image but adore the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, that border punch has just given me an idea for a card lol :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Poodles Parlour with your super bright card. Loving this image and your bold colours

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, lovely colouring of the cute image. Thanks for joining us at POODLES PARLOUR 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you next time.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable, thanks for playing along at SNSDC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda....I LOVE your card...This one is one of my Fav's...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda, I LOVE this card..it's one of my Fav's... So Pretty....Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card ..Linda .. love the colour & the border

    hugs
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Purple is my new favorite. Love your card Linda.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx