Followers

Monday, 28 May 2012

Motoring Tag

Good morning my crafty friends and followers

This morning I am off to Preston for a couple of hours to see Melanie Heaton demonstrating Copics.  I am taking a bit of me time out from having such a busy month.  This week is all about doing things I have wanted to do for a while.  I hope you all have a fabulous Monday.

Today I am showing you a tag I have made using the new soon to be released Vintage Motors double CD by Kraftyhands.  I set the design team a challenge to make a tag using this CD as a bit of fun for us all before we start our own Challenges on the Kraftyhands blog on Saturday.  I will be posting about this later on in the week.


Recipe & Method

1.  The tag base is white photograph card which I have inked using my alcohol inks.  I used Spellbinder Labels 11 die to create the tag.
2.  I then used Dew Drops VersaMagic Gingerbread to distress the edges of the tag.
3.  I took the Darise embossing folder in Plaid and embosed a piece of pearlescent gold card.  Distressed it with my sanding block and scrunched it up and distressed the edges and creases with the ink pad mentioned above. I attached to the base of the tag.
4.  I printed off one of the backing sheets from the CD and tore randomly and scrunched this up and distressed the rough edges and placed them partly over the gold card.
5.  To finish off I have added a couple of charms from my stash.
6.  I attached a metal clip in line with the hole I punched at the top and using a spanner brad secured the clip.
7.  I took two pieces of raffia and plaited them and attached to the clip.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx

27 comments:

  1. Fab tag Linda - hope the copics demo is good and that you have a fabulous week! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Linda. Have a great day xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabulous Linda, I love the background colours and the charms look amazing
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Linda, love the colours. Enjoy your demo. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, so colourful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag, Linda love the distressing. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, so much on your tag! lindax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby tag Linda, hope you have a great day out! Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's brill Linda. I am so looking forward to these cds coming out. I love my classic and vintage motors.

    Glad you're having some 'you' time. We all need it now and again, don't we?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag Linda, I like the colours and the charms.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very cool looking. Love your added charms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice tag. I love the design

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!! this is fabulous, I love the images and the charms are brilliant.
    Thanks for your comments on my blog and for becoming one of my first followers. I am very grateful to you.
    All the best
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful!! So unique and just super.
    Hope you have a great day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tag, love the colours and charms you have added
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous - great work!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Linda, just popped back to say thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog earlier, it was very much appreciated
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tag - love the colours. Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous tag Linda!! love the new Kraftyhand blog look too!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab tag Linda, love it.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Linda your tag is just fabulous and I love that you shared your wonderful recipe with us. I really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful motor themed tags from all the DT too! I hope you enjoy your time in Preston and your copics demo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant tag hun.
    Thanks for joining in at HCTB.
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. We meet again! Beautiful project. thank you for joining us at Secret Crafter.Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous tag!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent crafty make! Love your tag. Thanks for playing and sharing at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a smashing tag, thanks so much for joining us at here come the boys, Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx