Followers

Saturday, 19 May 2012

Oyster Stamps First Blog Hop

Good Morning to all my Crafty Friends and Followers

Hi, I am so excited to be taking part in the first ever Oyster Stamps Blog Hop using the lovely Cut, Fold and Tuck dies by Spellbinders. Complicated looking cards can be created in next to no time with these adaptable and mixable dies, especially when you use them in the Grand Calibur where you can cut a whole host of them at once. 
If you came straight here to my blog you have missed the beginning of our blog which was Neet  who has introduced the blog hop and a chance to see what she had made with the dies.  I wonder which dies she has used.
My first card is made using Carnival Dream from Oyster Stamps

The card is made using Pearlescent Silver card which I have made an A5 landscape card.  The Spellbinder has been used on duo purple card which i have added all the 3 layers one on top of the other and curved slightly to form a flower with a white pearl in the centre.  I have taken a piece of white card and embossed using the Spellbinder M-Bossabilities Garden Delight folder.  I then double embossed using embossing powder between the embossing of the layers I have sprinkled lilac mica powder.  Using Whimsy Shapeology Elegant Butterflies die set I have cut out 3 lilac butterflies and used pearls as their trails.  To finish off I have added a white bow and 2 stick pins with lilac tops.

My second card I have used Spectacular Spin

 I have made an 8 x 8 card.  I took a separate piece of white card and cut out the centre of the card using Spellbinder Grande Dahlia die.  On the base of the card I have stamped swirls using swirl stamp from Creative Expressions using Tim Holtz Sapphire blue.  I have cut out the the Spectacular spin dies using duo card in blue and attached 2 together using Pinflair glue and a Dragonfly brad.
I have cut out the blue dahlia border using 2 dies and placed it onto the base card.  The white card I have added double foam pads for height and placed it over the decorated card.  To complete my card I have added the butterfly and added blue gems to the centre of the body (Whimsy Shapeology Elegant Butterflies Die Set).  The blue swirl is cut out using Whimsy Shapeology Elegant Flourishes.
The Centre of the Spectacular Spin I have added to the top of the card with a blue gem.  Of course my card wouldn't be complete without a ribbon and I have made a double bow using white and blue ribbon together and using a glue dot placed it onto my card and added 3 stick pins 2 in blue and one white one.  All of the dies and embossing folder can be found on the Oyster Stamps Website.

There will be a prize for one lucky winner. In order to be in the draw to win two of the dies that have been used on the blog hop they must leave a comment on ALL SIX blogs.

Yesterday our first blog hop started with Neet and here is the full list and the days they will be showing their projects.

Neet – http://www.hickydorums.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/oyster-stamps-blog-hop-starts-today.html - Friday






Thanks for stopping by today! Make sure you visit the other fabulous designers below for lots more ideas and inspiration and leave a comment to be with a chance to win one of these lovely dies
Hugs xxx




 

46 comments:

  1. Just could not wait to see what you had done with those beautiful dies and I love both of these cards.
    It would be hard to choose a favourite. Two beauties Linda.
    Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both fabulous cards Linda. Those dies make spectacular features, very eye-catching. I love the colours you've used on both cards and the little butterflies. Have fun hopping x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Linda, loving both your samples :) Looking forward to the next hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Linda, you have more patience in your little finger than I'll ever have! Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Linda, absolutely love what you've done with the dies, both cards are lovely, but I think I just like the purple one best, great how you've used the two tones colours, they look really stylish.

    Thanks for sharing how you did them.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely cards! These dies certainly seem more versatile thatn I thought at first.
    I have to say that I also love the background "paper" on your blog - cheerful but elegant too!

    Lynn Wild

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Linda, love the look of those dies.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Linda I love these dies. The card is amazing. I love all the cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous Linda, these dies are fabulous.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Linda, big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards and colour choices Linda, these dies are definitely growing on me! P'raps I should add some to my ever growing wish list - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous cards linda..pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Linda. I really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely cards, the blue one is yummy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the embossing on the first card and you were right to call the second spectacular! Love 'em.
    You also have a stunning array of talent for this blog hop. Looking forward to the rest of it.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most beautiful and elegant cards!
    These dies are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both your samples are gorgeous! I particularly love the butterfly on the second one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both your cards Linda! I especially like the pearl trails on the butterflies and I like how how you created the base frame for your card with the Grand Dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some really beautiful cards here, love them all

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Cards Linda.

    Hope to see you soon

    Hugs

    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two more fabulous creations!!! So pretty and I love all the butterflies.
    Have a great weekend.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these are incredible, Linda, but of course, I love the purple! :-D Such wonderful dies. I'm definitely going to have to add those to my collection. Gorgeous work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards, Linda, with great ideas in the details of both. Gorgeous colour schemes too and fabulous use of the new dies.
    joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely Linda well done you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Linda,
    These are fab sorry did not post earlier, been setting up Biggin Hill show.
    Hope you are well
    See you very soon
    Tracey
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Linda,
    These are fab, thank you.
    Sorry I did not post earlier been setting up the show.
    See you soon.
    Tracey
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both such gorgeous intricate cards Linda, these are both so beautifl, I love the colours and the way that you have used the die cuts
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those dies make wonderful focal points Linda. I think they may be too fiddly for my sausage fingers though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards and congratulations on your first blog hop. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely cards ,that die looks lovely

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Two fantastic cards. Looks like these dies will have to go on my wish list - they are so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  32. OOh I didnt realise there was a bloghop so I have just joined in
    :-)

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both gorgeous cards :) especially the 8x8 one !
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these cards, especially the colours. So much work obviously went into them - gorgeous!

    Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really lovely cards - those dies are looking more and more attractive! Cathryn x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful cards just love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  37. 2 beautiful cards love the colours used.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the colors and your beautiful cards. What wonderful ideas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Striking how different these two look even though there are butterflies on both. I think the second is the one that fascinates me the most because of the way you layered the dies toghether.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  40. 2 lovely cards, love the colours too
    jannet

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great cards Linda, hard to pick a favourite as I love purple but prefer the layout of the blue one.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Linda, absolutely stunning, you are so clever. Thanks for shareing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Some great ideas - Spectacular Spin is my favourite so far

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful cards and a great blog-hop!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm a sucked for anything purple and especially butterflies, great cards. BJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx