Followers

Sunday, 20 May 2012

A Tour Around My Craft Room

Good Evening to all my crafty friends and followers

First I would like to welcome all my new followers, thank you for following my blog and your comments they are very much appreciated.

As a few of you know I have been suffering with my back over the past week and last night I realised why.  I didn't have my computer in the right place for me to work on so I sent my hubby off to Argos this morning to pick me up a corner desk!  So while he was gone I had to strip my room of nearly everything!  It took about half an hour to put the desk together (I am like a dog with a bone!  If I want something doing it has to be done ASAP).  As you know when you move furniture around, it need hoovering behind the cupboards etc.  Well the flipping Hoover blew up!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hubby and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!  So off we trotted to Tesco to pick up a brand new Hoover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got back and had a cup of tea and then made another attempt at getting the room back to some semblence of order!  Well I finally finished putting everything back and found homes for all my crafty stash!


These are 2 shelves that holds my flowers, ribbons, lace, gems and off cuts of assorted card


These cupboards holds all my different A4 and A3 card stock.  The coloured drawers hold all my cards and envelopes.  On top of the cupboard is my guillotine.  I painted the doors of this cupboard last year using Sheena Douglass' paint fusion they are the berries and the sweet peas with butterflies.  These doors took me 13 hours to do and was a labour of love!


My filing cabinet which has been categorised into male, female, babies, children, animals etc holds my A3 printed and on the shelves above are my A4 fileswhich has all my rubber stamps in their categories, ie Paint Fusion, Creative Expressions, LOTV, Elisabeth Bell, SWALK, Paintbox Poppets, A Little Bit Skechy, Popcorn and my Clarity Stamp folder too!


More shelving above holds my inks, paint brushes, Sakura Pens, boxes of buttons, sentiments, drawers of different embellishments, just a few of my CD's & DVD's others are in the attic. This is my old desk which I have utilised the space by putting a small filing cabinet in as this holds all my assorted papers such as shrink plastic, acetate, vellum, parchment etc.


This cube holds my Grande Calibur, the plastic boxes hold all my Spellbinder dies, a box full of my Martha Stewart punches, my 12 x 12 card and paper then the last square holds Clarity Stamps, wedding embellishments, glitters etc.  The slim grey set of draws holds my rock-a-blocks, embossing powders, my Pebeo paints, mica powders, alcohol inks.  The drawers above holds my brushes and sponges for distressing, my Pan Pastels, stamped and Digi images that have been stamped/printed off and ready to colour.



and finally my new desk!!!! On here I have my lappy, glass mat, 2 Ottlites, paper towel holder from just some of my tapes, pen pot holder which holds my scissors, pens, pencils, tweezers, erasers, pokey tool, bone folders etc.  Can you see my Spectrum Noirs?  Don't they look fab in their own lovely shelving?  Well I hope you have enjoyed your tour of my Craft Room where I make all my crafting projects.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my Craft Piece of Heaven.

Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs xxxx



23 comments:

  1. Love those painted doors on that cabinet Linda! Wow....a lot of work but it sure paid off. You have a fabulous craft room and love your new computer desk too! You need to come to Texas now and organize mine! LOL!
    Take care of that back!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks fab!!! Great place to create in. I can't wait until I have a craft room all of my own, but I have to be patient xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda, how bloomin' organised are you? I love it! A place for everything and all that... I only wish I could be more tidy myself, I always seem to be busy making a mess of some kind or another ;-) Loved the hoover story - sound just the type of thing that happens to me! Thanks for sharing (I love this kind of post, I think I might just be very nosey, lol). Hugs, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, mine aint this tidy, even when it was new,lol, i could spend hours in there, so cozy, fab job hun xx
    Kenzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing hun , and to think i was proud of the fact that id cleard a space to work in lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you lucky girl what a fab craft room....all so organised and pretty, you should see my crazy space, clutter and creative chaos everywhere, when i say creative chaos i mean mess LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous room Linda and your new desk is just the ticket. Hope your back improves this week. Love your cupboard doors by the way. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your craft room is fantastic Linda, soooooo much storage, soooooo much to store! My room is still in the building phase so it's nice for me to see some ideas on what to do with it. I love your painted cupboards, they must make you smile whenever you look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda... could you please come and tidy my craft room? Fingers crossed mine will be sorted in the next couple of weeks or so - maybe then I can find things!!!! lol!

    Love the storage for your 'Speccies' - can I be 'cheeky' and ask where you got it (and what it is)as I get totally frustrated with mine being in boxes and not being able to simply pull out the colour I need (I've got the full set.

    Soop(Su) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cor... well impressed with this 'crafty space' ... Shame about the Hoover!! I Love the doors a real work of art Linda
    Thanks for letting us have a look !

    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, so tidy and organised, It looks fab. I really must get round to re-organising mine.

    Hope your back is better soon.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, what are you storing your markers in, struggling to find something suitable for mine :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it and thanks for the tour xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great and fabulous craftroom linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda it looks fabulous. Mines is all under the kitchen table in ikea trays! Some on top as well. Might get a craft room one day. Happy crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  16. its all fabby neat and tidy, a home for everything ! good job
    I have far too much stuff for mine to look anything as spacious as yours despite it being in a large room !
    I must tidy mine again so youve spurred me on for that. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Linda, it looks fabulous. Love the paint fusion on your cupboard. What a great place to spend an hour or two or three or....

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Linda
    You have been a busy bee while I was basking in the sunshine.

    There are some beautiful cards and I need my Craft Room sorting, are you available!!!
    Hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun craft room Linda. I love seeing other people's craft room's and what they use for storage of their crafty products.

    SMiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmmm...think I'm going to have to come round an mess it up a bit and have a snoop through all your bits and bobs, lol.

    Looks fab, Linda...I'm so jealous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. WoW Linda, how organised. I'm really jealous! It's a fabulous work space you lucky thing. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  22. great looking creative room.. can't wait until mine is done.. seeing this make me anxious to get it done too..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your craft room does look organised Linda and I love what you have done with the cupboard doors they are stunning. I share my room with my husband and we have 4 desks and a corner unit (which houses my cricut imagine) in there and 3 computers 2 of which are mine, my husband has about 4ft of work space and the rest is mine. I cant believe how much room i need for crafting sometimes and i wish i could tidy up as quickly as i make the mess :-)
    Joanx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx