WOW I am on a roll today, this is my 3rd project completed but I can't show 2 of them too you yet. I have had an idea for a while and finally had the time this afternoon to play. I hope you like what I have come up with.
When clearing out the attic at the weekend and found this cute little box which was in one of my crafting boxes. I brought it down and today I have altered it into something else.
This is the box before I started working on it.
This is the inside and the top of the box
This is the whole box which I am going to add sewing implements too.
Recipe & Method
1. The bottom of the box was given a coat of PVA and then painted over with magnolia paint. Using my heat gun I assisted the drying time thus getting the nice crackled look. I then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper and stippled the painted layer.
3. Using some green satin I used my large Spellbinder Circle die and cut out the satin and attaching double sided tape I pleated the satin around.
4. For the lid I added double sided tape to the lace and layered it around the lid.
5. Using Spellbinder circle die I cut out another piece of satin and 2 pieces of felt. I covered the felt with the satin and layered this onto the top of the lid.
6. I threaded some gold thread throught the wooden buttons and attached them to the lid. To finish off I added pearl gems around the edge of the lid.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Love to Create Challenge #21 - Anything Goes
PanPastel UK #24 - Anything Goes
Craftymess Challenge #11 - Use Paint
Inspire me Fridays #64 - Always Anything Goes
Altered Elusions and Artitude #2 - Vintage
Thank you for stopping by Today