Followers

Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Altered Box

Good Afternoon All

WOW I am on a roll today, this is my 3rd project completed but I can't show 2 of them too you yet. I have had an idea for a while and finally had the time this afternoon to play.  I hope you like what I have come up with.

When clearing out the attic at the weekend and found this cute little box which was in one of my crafting boxes.  I brought it down and today I have altered it into something else.


This is the box before I started working on it.



This is the inside and the top of the box


This is the whole box which I am going to add sewing implements too.

Recipe & Method

1.  The bottom of the box was given a coat of PVA and then painted over with magnolia paint.  Using my heat gun I assisted the drying time thus getting the nice crackled look.  I then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper and stippled the painted layer.
3.  Using some green satin I used my large Spellbinder Circle die and cut out the satin and attaching double sided tape I pleated the satin around.
4.  For the lid I added double sided tape to the lace and layered it around the lid.
5.  Using Spellbinder circle die I cut out another piece of satin and 2 pieces of felt.  I covered the felt with the satin and layered this onto the top of the lid.
6.  I threaded some gold thread throught the wooden buttons and attached them to the lid.  To finish off I added pearl gems around the edge of the lid.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Love to Create Challenge #21 - Anything Goes
PanPastel UK #24 - Anything Goes
Craftymess Challenge #11 - Use Paint
Inspire me Fridays #64 - Always Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

29 comments:

Celia Harrington said...

Wow Linda what a difference , great work and it looks gorgeous now xxxxxxxxxxxx

jimlynn said...

WOWSERS!! Linda, this is gorgeous! Love all that green satin and the way you did the entire box! So beautiful.
Lynn

Dawn said...

Sweet little box before but after is simply stunning!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Linda
That is wonderful, love the teal colour fabric. Very clever idea.
Janet

Laney said...

WOW!! Linda what a transformation!!
its gorgeous and useful too!!
hugs
laney

Carol said...

Fab altering Linda, love this little box. Carol x

Kate M said...

What a difference!! you have done a fabulous job with this - love it!!

Kate
xx

Zoe said...

Linda, your so clever! This is absolutely beautiful xxx

sue - bearhouse said...

wow! Your box is stunning. I love all the decoration you have added. Would make a lovely gift.
Hugs Sue

she3655 said...

Wow Love your box Linda, thanks for sharing at Altered Elusions and Artitude x

Danie May said...

What a gorgeous transformation to create your sewing box. I love the sewing themed buttons and the paint effect you achieved on the base. xx

May said...

WOW!!! This is just Gorgeous Linda... love it!!! Hugs May x x

Vee Cassidy said...

Hello, Londa
What a beautiful altered art project just delightful Vee xx ps thank you for the lovely comments on my blog. xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful, what a transformation x

Andree said...

What a lovely way to give new life to an old box. It's delightful. I love the crackled effect and the wooden buttons x

Paula said...

Gorgeous box Linda! I don't often get chance to have a snoop round anybodys blogs - it takes me all my time yo update my own Lol but thought I'd share some love! Hugs Paula :D x

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/

Linda said...

Hello my dear friend!!!!I just love your altered box!!!! Quite fancy!!!! Wow linda you did an awesome job of it!!!!! Gorgeous work!!!!!

Eileen said...

Linda... this is fabulous, just fabulous. Very clever design on a super project. Good work x Thanks for joining in our Challenge at PanPastels .
Eileen x

jane stillman said...

Oh wow, it's fabulous, well done x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Linda this is absolutely stunning, I love the gorgeous material and the toppers and the lace and pearls look amazing. Such a beautiful project hun, really breath taking
Lindsay xx

Joan Macdonald said...

This is stunning Linda what a fabulous project to do

Joan x

Shirley-anne said...

Wonderful recycling project .The top is awesome .
Thanks for sharing on Craftymess Challenge Blog .

Mrs O crafty blog said...

This is a great project, it's fantastic , thank you for joining in the fun at Altered and Elusion, good luck. Pauline x

Sandie said...

You've worked wonders with your box Linda,it's really gorgeous.
Puts me to shame as I have a few boxes that are gathering dust as I write,lol.

Sandie @Craftymess Challenge Blog x

Susan Glennnie said...

great box loves it very much good luck over at craftymess x

Jo Davies said...

Such a beautiful altered box Linda.... thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge this week! Jo xxx

Judie savage-lovell said...

wow and Stunning, just lovely work, thanks for playing with us at craftymess challenge blog

hugs
Judie xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for joining in the challenge over at crafymess challenge blog http://craftymesschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

You already know I think your work is amazing and this just proves I am right. What a gorgeous little box and you have worked wonders with it. Well Done :D

Hope to see you joining in future challenges at craftymess.

Lisa xxxx

Krista said...

Your card is lovely!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come back and play with us again soon!!
Hugs,
Krista
www.kristadesign.nl
DT member LTOC