Followers

Saturday, 30 June 2012

Steampunk Sally

Good Afternoon to all my crafty friends and followers,

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Housework is done and so is washing hung out early this morning and now dry so get that ironed later today.

Today's card is steampunk!  I haven't done any steampunk for a while and one of my blogging friends has showcased 1 steampunk card on her blog so I just had to get my stamps out and do some cards.  Zoe did another one and they were gorgeous.  I hope you can visit her blog and see her fab cards.

Today I am showcasing a topper from Kraftyhands Steampunk Die cuts.  When Mike and Ian told me they had done these I nearly snatched their hands off LOL!  I have called the Topper I used Steampunk Sally, she sure looks like the epitome of a steampunk aviator in the land of steampunk!


Recipe & Method

1.  Card base is from Kanban which I have stamped using a fern with cogs from Hot of the Press (this was a freebie) on in Tim Holtz Distress Ink Wild Honey.
2.  The next layer I have used Stamps from Personal Impresssion which is the frame stamped in Dew Drops Brilliance Cosmic Copper.  The word "steampunk are also stamps from Personal Impressions and have been stamped using Dew Drop VersaMagic Spanish Olive.  The word Celebrate in the centre of the frame is from Hot off the Press and stamped using Dew Drops VersaMagic Gingerbread.  I have then inked the edge layer using VersaMagic Gingerbread.  To finish off the layer I then used a stimpling brush and Distress Ink Forest Moss.
3.  To complete my card I then added Steampunk Sally and a couple of clock hand charms.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx




28 comments:

  1. yum yum! looks good hun, xxx see you in 13 days and counting lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Linda the background is fab, I only do steampunk for men as I wasn't sure how it would translate for a femail, you have done this brilliantly thanks for the mention Hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Linda, Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorjuss hunnie, your cards are so lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the card Linda, and what a clever idea to use the leaves and cogs together x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is wonderful Linda, I love the detailing

    Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love the image. This would make a super layout for a scrapbook page too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card Linda love it and the image is perfect I think Sally suits her
    Talking of ironing do you want to do mine lol
    enjoy your weekend
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great steampunk card. Need to try one of these someday :-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Linda I love the background you have used

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steampunk isn't realy my thing, but I find the look of this very interesting, and especially like the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great card and perfect for our challenge this week at crafty catz thank you for joining us linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really getting to like this steampunk - will have to try it!
    Yours is great
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, and the lettering you have used is FAB.

    Well done on being efficient with the housework, I'm afraid this week i have needed a little of your enthusiasm for it ;-).

    I really enjoy your blog, and thank you for your continued support of mine.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda super duper love the image xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic topper! I love that Steampunk Sally she is just gorgeous and those steampubnk alpha's are just too cool. Thanks for joining us at Forever Night Challneges this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a great card.I love the stamps you've used,especially the lettering.Thanks for sharing with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous, I love the image and the frame and the writing our brilliant
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great card - love the effects! thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow wee, she's very sexy!!
    Great card, love it.
    Thanksfor joining us over on ATCs With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the background
    thank you for joining in the challenge at ATCs and cards with attitude this week.
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Linda, you and I have been entering some of the same challenges lately and every time I see your name I think of my best friend in high school. You've got a great style and by the way I'm going to have to search out that steampunk alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. cool card Linda, love it
    that font is absolutely fabby
    thanks for joining the forevernight challenge
    hugs
    Miranda
    FNC DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this fantastic work thanks for sharing with us at ForeverNight
    Hugs Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is lovely and so glad you shared it with us at CRAFTY CATZ. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for entering your card with us at Chocolate Coffee and Cards Challenge blog. It's Beautiful! ~Yvonne DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely lovely. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges for our challenge this fortnight.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx