Followers

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Christmas in July

Good Afternoon to all my crafty friends and followers

My second post for today and it is all about Christmas!  I made a good start on my Christmas cards for this year and will continue to do so as now we are in the middle of July.  I plan to make at least 6 cards a week as I have lots to send out and don't want to get stressed out like I did last year.  This month there are quite a few challenges with the title "Christmas in July" so I will be entering my card into a few challenges too.


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is pale blue Centura pearlescent card from Crafter's Companion.
2.  I have attached a blue ribbon with Happy Christmas down the spine of the card.
3.  The topper is acetate from the New Kanban Christmas Kit.  This is of a cute little angel holding her hand out for the dove. I have attached with snowflake brads to white cardstock which I have sprayed first with Crafter's Companion Spray and Shine in irridescent. I then layered the topper onto Silver Mirri Card.
4.  I have added from my stash embossed Merry Christmas which has been inked with Dew Drops Brilliance Starlight Silver.  I have added 3 small snowflakes and put a small blue gem in the centre of each with a small gem over the "i" in Christmas.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

22 comments:

  1. Lovely card Linda. The colours are lush! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card Linda great image super card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card with a beautiful image x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Christmas card Linda. I love the image and using the acetate layer gives it a lovely dreamy effect x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Linda I too like the use of the acetate really dreamy!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, love the image .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Linda very ethereal looking image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. Love your colors.
    Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous hun and what fab colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just DREAMY looking!!! Beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Linda this is so gorgeous
    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Linda, such a beautiful image and the colours are wonderful

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Linda the image is gorgeous.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card and love colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet Angel Linda, Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope you will join us again soon
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh likey muchly!!!

    Very ethereal, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiul card. Nice design and details.Thank you for sharing your card and joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Christmas card, love the colours, fab creation! Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful Christmas card Linda. Stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful image ,, so pretty
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful creation! Thanks for joining in our Christmas challenge this week at Crafty Sentiments! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oops forget to say -Thanks for joining us at LCI this month for our Christmas challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx