Followers

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

First Guest Blogger at Crafty Blogger's Network

Good morning to all my crafty friends and followers,

A couple of weeks ago Geraldine and Jo over at Crafty Blogger's Network put a call out asking if anyone would like to do a guest spot on their challenge blog and I was asked if I would do the first guest spot.  Of course I said yes!  Their plan is for a guest blogger each month, crafters like you and me. 



I have been crafting nearly all my life like most of you.  I have knitted, crocheted, embroidered, cross stitched which led me into paper crafting.  I don't have one particular style of crafting as I very much enjoy mixing different techniques.  The first time I saw my cards on Create and Craft was for My Craft Studio, for one of their Parchment CD's which was for Pick of the Week. I can't explain how I  felt when I saw my cards.  I was grinning like a cheshire cat!  I designed for them for a few years which of course was CD crafting and I wanted learn more techniques in the world of crafting.

I met Kay Rutter when she did a workshop near my home in Warrington and we became very friendly which resulted in me helping her at shows in the North and I do the NEC too.  I design for Hougie Crafts, Kraftyhands, Jem's Designs, HobbyFun, Oyster Stamps, Ali-Craft which are UK based and I design also for 2 blogs Scrapbook Stamp Society which is American and Cards Galore based here in the UK.

I started my blog last year on 24 February and my style of cards has changed again.  I love to do CD work but if I was told to make a card now I would immediately go for my stamps and inkpads to make a card. Since starting my blog I have "met and chatted" to many crafters and made lots of new friends from all over the world.  I am so surprised how quickly my followers have grown too. 

I suppose I have an eclectic style of crafting.  'I love paint fusion and love to use this in my cards too.  This leads me on nicely to show you my card which I have made for the challenge this time is "Anything Goes"


Recipe and Method

1.  Card base is 7 x 7 Gold pearlescent card from AnnaMarie Designs.
2.  The first layer is a piece of green and gold card from Hunkydory.  I have wrapped a piece of lace which has green velvet ribbon down the centre onto the card and adhered this to the base card.
3.  The topper is a piece of mount board which has been painted with purple paint, PVA glue and then a top coat of Magnolia Matt Emulsion.  I heated this up to get the crackle effect.  I have used Pebeo acrylic paints to paint the bouquet and added some lavender to the bouquet.  To finish off I embossed the edges with Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder and added a bow to the bouquet.
4.  The sentiment is from Kraftyhands Sentiment Die cuts.
5.  The ribbon topper is made by looping cream ribbon around the circle and attaching to the card and then using a button from my stash and added flat pearl gems around the circle.
6.  Using cream vellum I have punched out 2 butterflies using Martha Stewart Punch.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs

22 comments:

  1. Thanx linda for being our 1st Guest Blogger :D
    Love your post & your card is fantastic thanx for your support with our new look challenge blog!

    Ger x
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Linda, the colours are so beautiful and I love all the detailing.
    Well done for being the GDT, it was lovely to read a bit more about you, it sounds like you are a very busy lady and very happy to be so!!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Linda, I like the flower image and the ribbon rosette
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being their fist guest designer. Amazing card that you designed for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really lovely card Linda. The bouquet you've painted is beautiful and I love your ribbon embellishment and the delicate colour of the background.
    Congratulations on your guest blogger spot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading all about you. Your a very busy lady by the sounds of things with all your DT work. Maybe someday ill get a bit more DT work . I'm always trying to sell my work but not so many people are buying these days which is a shame as I think hand made cards are so much nicer than manufactured ones. Happy crafting always x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to know more about your story, Linda! Great blog and terrific card. You are one busy lady!! Hugs, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card - love the details. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great to "meet" a fellow DT member!! Loved reading about you and love more looking forward to all your beautiful creations!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on GDT love your card, beautiful as always, great colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh...get you! You'll be charging for autographs soon! Lol.

    Lovely card...as always!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Linda the colour is beautiful and the image is really lovely! And as for you Linda, wow! How accomplished are you? I loved learning about you, makes me seem really boring! Well done you! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your guest designer spot! This is stunning!!! So beautiful and I love the ribbon topping on here. Outstanding!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on GDT, and your work is beautiful Px

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again a stunning design hun. And what a lovely read. Its always great to learn a bit more about each other :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the guest spot and a beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the guest spot! Well deserved and your card is beautiful! Such fab details.
    Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved reading all about you and your creations. I love your card too thanks for being our guest blogger and for entering the challenge at Crafty Bloggers Network.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your GDT. Your card is very pretty and thanks for your comment on my blog. Debbie M

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card.
    Thnaks for joining us at ASC.
    Hugs stine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful creation, love it.

    Thanks for playing us at ASC.

    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx