Followers

Monday, 30 July 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

Good Afternoon to all my crafty friends and followers

I hope you all had a great weekend I know I did.  My youngest son became a father to another baby girl called Florence who is just like her big sister Alice.  Yesterday I spent catching up on some of my design team work which didn't get done on Saturday my mojo whent AWOL!  It is now back in full force and I can't work quick enough to get my ideas all down.

Today's card is made using Mike Deakin's stamp design from Kraftyhands.  There are going to be more Christmas stamps under the name Stampography.  I hope you like this tree stamps I just love it and this is the first time I have made a card using this stamp.  It stamps like a dream and is just beautiful. 


Recipe & Method


1.  Base card is from my crafty stash.
2.  Backing paper is from Kraftyhands Finishing Touch Collection vintage Christmas backing paper which I have sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle iridescent spray for sparkle.
3.  I have added to pieces of growgrain ribbon before laying the backing paper down.
4.  On Stampography card I have stamped the tree using Perfect Medium from Ranger and using WOW gold embossing powder embossed the tree.  I then cut out using Spellbinder Scalloped Oval die.  Using Dew Drops Brilliance Rocket Red ink I have distressed the edges.  I have added green and gold gems to the tree.
5.  I cut out a tag and stamped "Deck the Halls" using Dew Drops Brilliance Galaxy Gold and inked the edges with Dew Drops Versamagic Spanish Olive.
6.  To finish off the card I have added 3 green card candy with gold spots on.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs


29 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and soo much detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Linda, love the image and fabulous colours.
    Congratulations again on the birth of your new Granddaughter

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Linda, love the traditional colours and that beautiful baroque style tree is just wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Linda,love the image.Thanks for the info on a challenge blog.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Traditional Christmas card - love that image.
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Christmas tree Linda!
    Thanks for joining us at CS challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, this is gorgeous! Love that Christmas tree image! A beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card . Love the stamped xmas tree and the card base is a great shape xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely card that tree is scrummy yummy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful stamp Linda. It makes such a lovely focal point on a card x

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card linda love the tree pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and image. Love how you embossed it in gold and added gems for the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the tree, the colours and the papers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Linda...Beautiful tree & fab detail.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the card linda thanks for the inspiration and also thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Linda, a very beautiful card, the image is stunning.

    Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog, they were much appreciated.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Linda this is just stunning!!!! Love the border and the design!!!! Absolutely outstanding my friend!!!!! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As usual brilliant work from you linda.

    Thanks for joining us at Critter sketch blog

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card. Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Linda, I love the image.
    Congrats to you all on the birth of little Florence.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a Beautiful Card! Thank you so much for playing with us at Stamp N Plus July Challenge! Please Come Back and Play with us again!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet card! Thank you so much for playing with us at Stamp N Plus July Challenge, please come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Linda, I am loving the ornate Christmas Tree on your beautiful card and the big scallops of your card base have great impact too! Thanks so much for joining the fun this fortnight at Platypus Creek Digitals.
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx