Followers

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Showcase No 9

Good Morning to all my crafty friends and followers

Today I am a guest over at Chris' blog for her Digi Showcase No 9 which is the butterfly which you can purchase from Chris.  Why not pop on over and see what Chris and her friends have created with this beautiful butterfly.


This is the card I created using mount board as my topper which I have painted and used PVA to get a crackle effect then I stippled the bottom of the card using Pebeo acrylic paint to create a hedgerow and PanPastel Phthalo Blue for the sky.  I then stamped the leaves from the Berries Set and the tree branches from the Simply Sweet Set made by Sheena Douglass.  I have paint fusioned the leaves and little flowers in the hedgerow and using the thumb technique made the berries and stippling effect for the blossom on the branches.  I then used Flower Soft and added this to the hedgerow and blossom just to give further dimension.


The butterfly digi I took into my graphics programme (My Craft Studio) and resized and made 3 of them and printed them onto parchment.  I embossed them and cut them out using my parchment scissors which give it a lovely wavy cut.  I coloured them in with PanPastels in Phthalo Blue, Violet and Hansa Yellow Shade.  To set the pastels I sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Shine.  Once dry I attached them to the topper and added gems and pearls to the butterflies and pearl swirls as the butterfly trails.



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs



7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, so summery and pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Linda, I love everything about it. Thank you for showcasing my digi. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of different techniques used on this one Linda, it is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Such a beautifully designed card Linda. The colours and detailing are just gorgeous

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card linda i love it. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a summery card. Just what we need on a rainy day.. Makes me smile.
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Use a Digi' challenge.. Good Luck ! Hope to see you back next week :O)
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Linda, I love what you did with Christine's butterfly image (sorry it has taken me so long to comment). Thank you so much for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx