Followers

Friday, 20 July 2012

Speed Machine

Good Morning to my Crafty Friends and Followers

Today I have another card I have made using another of my stamps which you can purchase from Kraftyhands.  I have enjoyed playing with these stamps and plan to make more in the future.


Recipe & Method

1. I have covered the base of the card with a map taken from an old road map.  I have scrunched and used Tim Holtz distress ink Tea Dye. 
2. I stamped the vintage motorbike onto circular green card using Dew Drops VersaMagic Sahara Sand.  I then used a stippling brush and stippled using Vintage Photo and Peeled paint Distress Ink.  I then to the edge of my scissors and scuffed around the circle and inked with Dew Drops Brilliance Copper.
3.  I stamped "Speed Machine" on the inside of the card using Dew Drops Spanish Olive.
4.  On the tag I have stamped the word Vintage using Sahara Sand and inked using Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I inked the cord and using scissors scored around the tag and edged with Brilliance Copper.
5.  To finish off I used ProMarker Metallic Gold and coloured the charm attached some raffia and placed on the card.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx



26 comments:

  1. Linda, I LOVE this card....it's so clever (might have to nick the idea, if you don't mind) And funnily enough, the map is from my part of the world when I was 'at home' xx
    Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this is a beautiful card.

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card - a wonderful image and fantastic background! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card, love the shape x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of your card and the pretty papers! Great technique. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Gorgeous Linda,love the image and great papers.xxx.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Linda love the backing papers very clever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Linda, great image and love the papers

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Linda, I like the stamped image and the map papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card Linda, I love that image and the colours you've used. You've given this a really good vintage look x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How inspired to use an old roadmap, and work it the way you have. This is one of those WOW cards! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just popped back to say thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! Excellent mens card. Thank you for sharing with us at Here Come the Boys! Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card Linda and just love that stamp

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great car4d for a fella Linda
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card!! Love the motorcycle stamp!! Thank you for stopping by each day and leaving such lovely comments!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic image and design. Love your stamps. So glad you shared it with us at Dude TIme Doodles this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, I love your stamp & the subtle colouring is just perfect!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Dude Time Doodles for our Anything Goes Challenge this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. great male card linda..pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a beautiful card Linda, wonderfully soft colours, but perfect for those men out there.

    Have a good weekend,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card! Love this masculine card! I find those very difficult! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card, Just love that stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda your cards and projects are just gorgeous , i love your stamps , and hope to see more of them , the cross stitch lighthouse is brilliant ..... thats one thing i have never tried , and dont think my eyes will let me now ....Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another fab card, I love the layout
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Terrific card! Love that you've incorporated an actual map. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx