Followers

Saturday, 4 August 2012

August Challenge at Cards Galore

Good Morning to all my crafty friends and followers

WOW August already, where is this year going?  I suppose it is true the saying "Time flies when you're having fun" I sure have had fun so far this year with lots of exciting news and experiences.  When I took up papercrafting I never in a million years thought that I would have so many lovely crafty friends from all over the world and even had the priviledge of meeting a few of you.

The theme for this month over at Cards Galore Challenge Blog is Tags, we on the design team sure had fun making these and here is mine.


The tag is actually mount board which has been painted with purple paint and then a layer of PVA once this was slightly tacky I then painted over with magnolia matt emulsion and dried with heat gun to get the crackle effect.  I then distressed over it with Tim Hotlz Distress Ink milled Lavender.  Using the lavender stamp from Sheena Douglass' Simply Sweet set I have used Pebeo Acrylic Paints to paint the lavender.  I then stippled the ground using a mixture of brown and antique white.  Using WOW embossing powder in violet regular embossed the edges.  The sentiment is from Flower Faires which reads Have a Fairy Happy Birthday.  The word lavender has been embossed using WOW embossing powder gold.  To complete the tag I have added ribbon and lace and then a couple of metal charms a dragonfly and bee.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx



16 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I really love this tag, it makes me think of Summer in my childhood! A lovely magical, bucolic piece of work, gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is beautiful Linda,love the stamp and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag Linda - gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Linda, I love the colours

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Linda what a beautiful mount board tag with so many lovely techiques and colours. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning tag, I love the colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is lovely, lavender is one of my favourite flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Linda this is beautiful, love everything about it, I can see a lot of techniques have gone into this tag, can't wait to enter I love doing tags xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This tag is so lovely!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabby, love the little embelishments x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag and beautifully painted. I have now ordered this stamp from Joanna Sheen, really looking forward to getting it. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty stamp. And I really like the way you painted it. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Tag Linda!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tag Linda, Love the colours... Thanks for joining in with us at ATCs and Cards with Atttude, and also Fatpages and Cards with Attitude x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx