Weekend is here again, where are the weeks going? Before we know it it will be Christmas. Last year I left my Christmas card making until the last minute and was so busy I didn't really enjoy the run up to Christmas so one of my resolutions this year was to make them all year round so this Christmas I will be able to take it easy and just do design team work, commisions and for me. Not far off with what I need and here is another Christmas card today.
As you know on Tuesday I went to Lou's and had some fun using all her crafty stash. We had a great day and I saw this stamp she has by Susannah Syle and knew I had to play with this. Using Flitterglu and assorted colour flakes by IndigoBlu I stamped the topper on this card. Now I didn't stamp it perfectly and there was a few places where the glue and inked outside the image. A tip to get rid of these little errors is to use a rubber especially for rubbing away excess glue even though there was some flakes on the glue it removed it. Boy was I happy about that.
Recipe & Method
1. Base card is 6 x 6 square which I have used corner punch to give the curved edges.
2. First layer is a piece of green pearlescent paper I have added to stripes of double sided tape and glittered the tape. Between the two stripes I have crocheted a string using Baker's twine.
3. The second layer is from my crafty stash and is matt gold with embossed holly and swirls.
4. The reindeer has been stamped with Flittergle and then multicolour flakes sprinkled over and then rubbed off. I have used a bath sponge cut up into pieces and using Dew Drops VersaMagic Oasis Green dabbed this around the reindeer to give the illusion of texture.
5. I have added the sentiment Baby's 1st Christmas
Thank you for stopping by Today