Followers

Saturday, 11 August 2012

Christmas Reindeer

Good Afternoon to all my crafty friends and followers

Weekend is here again, where are the weeks going?  Before we know it it will be Christmas.  Last year I left my Christmas card making until the last minute and was so busy I didn't really enjoy the run up to Christmas so one of my resolutions this year was to make them all year round so this Christmas I will be able to take it easy and just do design team work, commisions and for me.  Not far off with what I need and here is another Christmas card today.

As you know on Tuesday I went to Lou's and had some fun using all her crafty stash.  We had a great day and I saw this stamp she has by Susannah Syle and knew I had to play with this.  Using Flitterglu and assorted colour flakes by IndigoBlu I stamped the topper on this card.  Now I didn't stamp it perfectly and there was a few places where the glue and inked outside the image.  A tip to get rid of these little errors is to use a rubber especially for rubbing away excess glue even though there was some flakes on the glue it removed it.  Boy was I happy about that.



Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is 6 x 6 square which I have used corner punch to give the curved edges.
2.  First layer is a piece of green pearlescent paper I have added to stripes of double sided tape and glittered the tape.  Between the two stripes I have crocheted a string using Baker's twine.
3.  The second layer is from my crafty stash and is matt gold with embossed holly and swirls.
4.  The reindeer has been stamped with Flittergle and then multicolour flakes sprinkled over and then rubbed off.  I have used a bath sponge cut up into pieces and using Dew Drops VersaMagic Oasis Green dabbed this around the reindeer to give the illusion of texture.
5.  I have added the sentiment Baby's 1st Christmas

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


26 comments:

  1. Oh love what you did with it hun, absolutely fab! Its such a lovely image, and I hadn't thought about crocheting the twine!

    xxx Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, that stamp is perfect for gilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image and fabulous colours Linda.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did the reindeer. Such a cool technique. I really do need to start my Christmas cards.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's brilliant Linda! Good on you for getting started!!
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and that twine is great.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this is a beautiful image AND card! I know that deer must really shine too! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love how you have used the sponge and Dew Drops Versamagic for texture x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Great colours. The reindeer is very unique but effective and adds texture x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable! I love how you colored in the reindeer and the background. I need to get one of those erasers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda
    Love this it is a great Christmas card
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and what a great idea! I love the addition if the gold cord as it gives the luxurious look.
    Huggles Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done you Linda for sticking to your resolution. Love the card, the image looks fab. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so clever, Linda! I love the way the image looks and may have to try something along that line. Great gold cording.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great technique - beautiful card
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever, I thought it was chain until I read on . X

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is stunning Linda - really fantastic - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a stunning Reindeer and card Linda, I love the beautiful image and the way you have created the textured look on him. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh what a simply gorgeous card beautiful image thanks for joning in with our challenge over at Crafty Catz this week hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Linda, I like the effect you got with the flakes.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! I love the detail in your deer!! Wonderfully done! Ty for joining us for the Simply Create Too Challenge!


    Amanda
    Simply Create Too DT Member
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi Linda,

    another really lovely Christmas card, just beautiful.

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is just around the corner at Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. great card, love the effect!
    Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really gorgeous, love that reigndeer image and the crocheted string is fabulous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx