Followers

Friday, 31 August 2012

Creative Expressions DT Call

Good Evening Crafty Friends and Followers

Another busy day here in my crafty piece of heaven.  I have had a good play today with some of my new products making backgrounds and using the Flitter Glu by IndigoBlu.  I made 5 cards today and could have made more but this card I had to get on my blog before 5.00 pm which was the deadline for the DT call over at Creative Expressions.   Well I am late and have missed the deadline, I could scream but I am going to send them it anyway.  To those of you who have entered a lot of you are my blogging friends I wish you good luck.

Anyway here is my card, as you know the theme was texture and I have used gilding flakes and embossing powders.



Recipe & Method

1.  I have used an 8 x 8 gold pearlescent card for the base.
2.  The topper has been cut out using Spellbinder Decorative Labels 8 which I have then stamped IndigoBlu "Ella Bella" with Flitter glu and used gilding flakes.  I then used PanPasels in Orange and dusted lightly around the image and darker on the outside to highlight the decorative frame.
3.  The first layer was cut out using Spellbinder Labels 1 which I have stamped the image using Perfect Medium and WOW Gold embossing Powder.  I then masked part of the stamp and stamped around the edges of the layer with Perfect Medium and WOW Embossing powder.  Then using Pan Pastels I have dusted over the whole of the card with Yellow Ochre Tint and Hansa Yellow Shade.
4.  Using a buttefly stamp that came free with my Craft Stamper magazine I stamped 3 butteflies onto acetate embossed them using WOW Embossing Powder in Gold, Easter Sparkle and Blue Blast.
5.  To finish off my card I have made a bow using some cream lace and then added 3 stick pins.




This photograph is a close up of the stamp "Ella Bella".



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxx



31 comments:

  1. WOW!! Linda I love it!! I must try this it looks fabulous!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda!!! I love it!!! Wish I could apply for the DT call, but just don't think I could fit it in at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Linda! I love the treatment on the butterflies! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp-N-Doodle
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Linda,love the colours.Good luck with the DT call.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hun its fab, i love that stamp and you have done a wonderful job with the textures, i hop ethey let you slip in under the door even though its clossed coss you deserve it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Linda, this is one gorgeous card! So lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Linda - hope that they accept your entry for the DT call and good luck!!

    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got this stamp isn't it fab. I love what you have done with this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck linda and great card
    xxx hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Linda, I like the stamp the gilding and the butterflies.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Linda, gorgeous colours and wonderful textures too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda this is really gorgeous! I hope they accept your entry, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow it is fabulous, I hope they let you have a chance as you work is amazing. Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Linda, a really pretty work of art :-) Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing Linda, I love the colours. The background panel and the topper you've created are fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a gorgeous card Linda, I do hope CE consider you. Love your new photo by the way. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful, the sparkle, the colours, design and images are awesome, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have this stamp and it's a beautiful stamp but you have made it look absolutely amazing!!
    Such a gorgeous piece of work.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh i love it love the embossing and the colours fingers crossed they accept the entry and if they do good luc emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Linda...looks very decadent with the gold embossing powder. Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Craft Room challenge. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful Linda, oh!I hope you still get the chance, lovely technique and beautiful image..good luck.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks gorgeous ! Fingers crossed here for the DT call. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

    Caz xx CSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card! Love that technique of using the stamp as both the main image and a background image. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for playing along with us at Bearly Mine's Glittter challenge this week with your stunning card. I adore this card of yours, it looks fantastic. Great work!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  26. amazing make

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful, I love this stamp and it looks so gorgeous in the gilding flakes. Your pins complement this perfectly. Thanks for joining in with our Charms & Pins theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow! Another absolutely stunning work of art, you have been so busy! I absolutely adore the image and the guilding flakes embossing and panpastels look amazing. Just such a breath taking design, LOVE it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful piece of work! Thank you so much for joining us for our Charms and pins challenge and look forward to seeing you for our collage challenge this fortnight! Hugs

    Nikki Craft room challenge DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx