Followers

Saturday, 4 August 2012

Eleanor and Pickles

Good morning crafty friends and followers

Today I am off to see my beautiful granddaughter Alice  and her baby sister Florence, and then hubby and I are going out for a meal and I might even get to visit a craft shop or two.

Well today I am showcasing another new digi from the artist Heather Valentin.  A lot of her digi's can be found over at Scrapbook Stamp Society.  I just adore her artwork and her digi's are stunning.  Today I introduce you to Eleanor and Pickles!  I am a fan off Harry Potter and this is digi will be great for cards for those who are Harry Potter fans.



 Recipe & Method

1.  The base card is 8 x 8 cream scalloped card.
2.  The first layer is pearlescent green paper which I have torn and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink forest green.
3.  The 2nd layer I have printed the following sentiment " Casting Spells is harder than I thought" Ooops! the paper was a freebie with a magazine.  I have again torn all four edges and distressed, before matting onto the first layer I have used Baker's Twine and wrapped it around twice and tied into a bow.
4.  I printed the image onto Ryman's card and coloured using Copics and cut out using one of my Spellbinder frame dies.  I have inked the outside of the frame with Copics and stippled forest green over.  The topper has distressed edges using a pair of sharp scissors and then stippled around using forest green.  I placed this at an angle to the outside frame.
5.  I have added a black cat from my stash and a black gem swirl.  The final sentiment has been printed off and reads "I 'm gonna cast a spell on you!"


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


28 comments:

  1. love the image and your right this is so harry potter lol thanks for joining us at LEJ and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! Linda, this is the perfect color for that cute, cute, cute image!!! Love it! Pretty card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards!
    Lovely to see you today and share the fun. Thanks for your comment... you ain't seen nothing yet as there's so much more in my craft space than on my blog. It's now getting some semblance of sanity, I'm glad to say since my mega clear out of loft garage and work room.
    Will defo invite you round once I'm back from my travels.
    Love your stamps and look forward to getting the sewing related one. As I said whilst I think the others are great images, I wouldn't use them.
    love Jo x
    BTW... you should put a new pic on your blog profile... I love your hair curly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute card Linda. I love the colour and the image and sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design.   Hop on over to Doing Life and stand a chance to win some lovely digi stamps. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous work Linda - loving this digi! Great geen card xx p.s. thanks for joining us over at LEJ Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goegeous card Linda... adore that image.. brillant design & colours... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the torn edges, the colour too. Image cute x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Linda love greens on cards, the layout and design are fabulous and the image is very cute, I too love Harry potter and your dead right is perfect, have a lovely day visiting your family, hope you get to the craft shops xxx happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card Linda, the colours are amazing and work so well x

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a pretty digi i love her, the colour is amazing, great card hun x

    ReplyDelete
  13. really stunning hunnie, this is just lush xx

    hugs
    judie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Linda,love your layers and what a fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Linda, love the colour, layout and the pussycat. Thank you for joining us at LEJ designs and good luck. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a unique card!!!! Gorgeous Linda!!!!!! I love all your cards !!!!!! Fabulous work my friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the little black cat, Linda! Fab image and great coloring. Glad you entered at Tammy's Scrapin Corner, too, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooooo super cute and beautiful card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabby creation, love it

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative - what a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Linda, this is super cute!!!..Xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda,

    Beautiful card :) sweet image!
    enjoy your visit to your granddaughter..!

    hugs
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the image, the little frog is so cute and the colour is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yep, I am a fan of Harry Potter too! Love the image and colors. Your distressing on your card is sweet! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty CHicks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so fun you attention to details really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for playing our Distressing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx