Followers

Monday, 20 August 2012

Steampunk

Good Afternoon  to all my crafty friends and followers

This is my first post for today and I hope you can pop back later.  As you all know I do love my steampunk and when I was looking through some challenges there was a couple that had this as their theme!  I had made a couple of steampunk DT cards yesterday so was still in the mood to make this card.  Me,  I could make these type of cards all the time LOL.  I made this card quite quickly as I still have quite a bit of work to do the next couple of days as I am helping Kay Rutter at a workshop on Thursday, then Saturday and Sunday will be working at the Leigh Show.


The base card is pale blue and replicates the Labels one Spellbinder Die.  
From my stash I have used a piece of card that I printed off from My Craft Studio Tinkering with Steampunk CD which I have cut out using Spellbinder Die Labels One.
I stamped the image which is from Personal Impressions using Dew Drop VersaMagic Night Sky onto Stampography card and then cut out with the above die.
I then used a sponge and dabbed Dew Drop Brilliance Cosmic Copper.  Using my Copic pens I colourd the wing, hat and watch.
The sentiment is from Creative Expressions Art Phrases stamp sheet designed by Sam Poole which is stamped with Cosmic Copper and then dabbed with Aspen Mist.
To finish off I have added 2 wooden cogs from Crafty-Emblies and a metal clock charm.  I then used Glossy Accents on the watch face and goggles.



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

30 comments:

  1. Linda, this is gorgeous. Love the fancy square shapes.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card - love it. Awesome stamp too. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love steam punk and this is a great example of it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab steampunk creation Linda, thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steampunk it is - and you do so well! Fantastic card Linda! Love all the different images.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Linda, love the blues and browns together. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great steampunk card Linda - love it!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great steam punk card, love the personal impressions stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Linda,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those die shapes are amazing, really like them, you have inspired me to buy some hehe. Great card I'm not a fan of steampunk but woah I genuinely like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great steam punk card . Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab card Linda - love all those cogs! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Linda, love the copper colours and the stamping is fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really beautiful card Linda, love the cogs and the watch embellishments and also the shape of the card. A x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Linda, I love the design and all the detailing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning, Good luck with the Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, this is just wonderful! I love the design & the cute little watch charm! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad in our To Die For Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Linda

    A really great card, I do love Steampunk and looking how every one creates them using similar images but they all look so different.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. great steam punk card ..linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card thanks for sharing at Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wonder why I love steampunk so much when others do it and hate it so much when I do? This one is incredible, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great Steampunk card Linda, I love the stamped topper, the sentiment and the embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda this is fab! Love the steam punk! Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at The Crafty Pad this week :) Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card Linda ♥ Love all the elements you have used and the colours are gorgeous :)

    Elaine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful card Linda. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabby do Linda !! Love your steampunk card with all the bits and pieces !! So glad you could play along with us at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Linda, what a gorgeous card! I love steampunk and this is a real beauty. Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab steam punk card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week x

    ReplyDelete
  29. You did a wonderful job thanks for playing at Gingerloft!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is absolutely stunning - I love the colours and techniques you've used! Thanks for joining our Steam Punk challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx