Followers

Thursday, 2 August 2012

Strawberries with sprinkling of Sugar

Good Afternoon to all my crafty friends and followers

Well after a lovely sunny start this morning the clouds have rolled in now.  I have managed to get some washing done and ironed so that it is now until the weekend.  I had a really rough night last night I couldn't stop being sick (YUK) but today I feel a little bit better and have just been taking it easy today but still got to get some samples made.  Just printed off a few digi's and stamped images so going to rest this afternoon doing some colouring.

Today's card I have used one of my new LOTV stamps which is strawberries.  I love them and we have had quite a few growing in our garden this year so I have really enjoyed them with ice cream and some with just a sprinkling of sugar.  When I see strawberries they always remind be of hot long lazy summer days.  Not this year unfortunately.


Recipe & Method


1.  Base card is pale pink and shaped which is from my stash.
2.  First layer is from My Minds Eye Vanity Fair 6 x 6 pad.
3.  The stamp is from LOTV which I have coloured with my Promarkers and I have added glitter to the strawberries to resemble a sprinkling of sugar.  I have then used my Spellbinder Labels 1 die to cut out the image.
4.  The butterflies is a freebie die that I got with my HappyCut, I cut out using red pearlescent card and added clear gems to their bodies.
5.  To finish off I have added 4 pearls to the base card.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx 

31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda. I almost bought that stamp...wish I had now.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this beautiful creation. So well designed, everything works together perfectly.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card - beautiful.

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Linda, such a lovely image and coloured beautifully. I love the layout too.
    I hope you are feeling better soon

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrumshush ( don't think I spelt that right, but I am sure you know what I mean ) a very beautiful card, love the shape and the image
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular coloring, Linda! Love the sponged die cut and the butterflies. I do believe that strawberries are summer's best fruit! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. THe strawberries look just like you sprinkled sugar on them. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Linda, those strawberries look good enough to eat with the sugar sprinkles. I love the backing paper too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy card Linda.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Linda but I'm very concerned about your obsession with washing and ironing, lol, x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous card Linda, love the layout and the butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda this is beautiful, so sweet and summery, makes me want some strawberries now yummy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and yummy card Linda!!!

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, love the image!! hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahh this is stunning hun. the colours are sooo sweet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Linda....hmmmm Strawberries my fav... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Linda, this is truly a beauty! Love the butterflies, strawberries and those yummy colors! Sensational card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet card (!!) - very summery! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. thats so pretty, funny i just this afternoon had a lovely crop of strawberries from my garden.....love the shapes you used x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Linda, the image is yummy I like the shape the butterfly paper and the butterflies
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truly scrumptious - good enough to eat!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks good enough to eat, really gorgeous. Lovely layout of the card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you are feeling better today :-)
    What a gorgeous card and I have just been having some strawberries and bananas! This card looks great with the same shape but used in a different way. The image is lovely and I adore the butterfly backing paper! Beautiful project.
    Love Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally agree those strawberries do look good enough to eat and I love your beautiful butterfly background and inking/shading around the edges of all your image layer. Beautifully Done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card has the WOW factor. Totally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous Card!Yummy too!
    Thanks for joining us this week at DCD this week.
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  28. pretty card...love the glitter to look like sugar. (crafty creations #30)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooooh Linda, nom nom nom, love this card, the way you have done the sprinkle of sugar over the berries looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx