Followers

Monday, 13 August 2012

Vintage Haberdashery

Good evening to all my crafty friends and followers

Two posts in one day, wow I haven't done that for a while.  After visitng a couple of my crafty friends blogs I was inspired to take part in the challenge to which they are on the design team for.  Thank you Lindsay and Kay for such great inspiration check out their design team projects over at Vintage Elusions Card Crafts where the theme is Vintage Haberdashery.

This afternoon I got my inks and stamps out and played to my hearts content.  Here is what I came up with.


Recipe & Method

1.  8 x 8 Kraft card from Anne Marie Designs
2.  The first layer is a freebie paper pack called Raspberry Road Design from Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.  Before laying this onto the base card I have wrapped some cream lace diagonally across the page.
3.  I have distressed the edges with a mixture of Adirondack Mushroom, Espresso and Butterscotch.
4.  I stamped the thimble which was in my stash in Adirondack Espresso.
5.  The dress stand has been stamped and embossed onto Stampography card which was cut out with Spellbinder Labels 28.  I then stippled with Adirondak Espresso and then lightly dusted with PanPastel Orange.
6.  I stamped the sewing machine from my Stamp design for Stampography also in Adirondak Espresso.  I have attached a tape measure charm which I have attached a little ribbon as well as a pair of scissor.
7.  I have stamped and embossed the sentiment onto a stampography card and cut out using Spellbinder Labels 28.  I then lightly dusted with PanPastels, Dairylide Yellow, Permanent Red and Hansa Yellow Shade.
8.  To finish off I have dyed a piece of vintage ribbon using Copic Sketch Tuscan Orange, Pale Sepia, Clay and Khaki and made into a bow attached to the topper and twisted the ends and attached 2 buttons.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


32 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card. Love the little thimble and scissors too. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab and vintagey card ...really a superb creations hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab and vintagey card ...really a superb creations hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Linda,love the vintage feel of this,gorgeous lace.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous work Linda - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and I love all the different images you used on here!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a gorgeous card, your stamp looks great embossed like that too, love everything about this card, so much to look at xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Linda, I love the design and all the detailing

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, Fabulous card with so much to look at. The dimension on the card is brilliant.

    Thank you for your continued support of my blog and congratulations on your first set of stamps.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card- so many pretty elements on here
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Linda....so pretty and feminine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a brilliant card Linda, I love all the details. It must have been such fun to make x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hunni, stunning as always, love the design, and when I come to play at yours I'm nicking a sheet of that paper!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful . Love it all . The colour tones are lush xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely brilliant Linda. love how you have embossed the dress form, and everything else is brilliant too! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is very beautiful Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Linda, I love the layout and the images the vintage distressed look.. Thank you for joining us at vintage elusions this week, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful vintage card! The ribbon bow with the two buttons at the end look so great and frames the focal image real well. Thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Linda!!!!!

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this Linda, good luck with the challenge. Thanks for your lovely comment re my hobby bag, x

    ReplyDelete
  21. love it, i realy adore that dressform stamp, thanks for entering the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Linda i love the colours.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really fab card I love the dressmaking details :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card love that dress form with the bussel. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Craft-Room XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! this is stunning Linda, I love the papers and the layout and the images, lace and ribbon are all so beautiful, LOVE it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooops I was so carried away talking about your gorgeous card, I forgot to say thank you for joining in with Vintage Elusions and thank you for the lovely comment about our DT work, it means a lot
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab vintage card, love all the different elements you've used to create your card, love that lace.
    Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs,
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A wonderful vintage card, I love it. Thank you for joining us at craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful vintage style card, I love the embossed dress form and the effect of the inks you've used is lovely. Thanks for joining in with our Fashion theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx