Followers

Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Baby Blue

Good morning crafty friends and followers

It is a dull and dismal start to the day here in Warrington and we have rain the kind of stuff that soaks you right through.  I will be staying in and crafting or should I say getting ahead and as much done as I can over the next 5 days.

Today's card is one I made after making lots of different backgrounds and playing with Imagination masks and sparkle medium, this is brilliant stuff to play with and I intend to get a lot more masks for this fabulous medium.


Recipe and Method

1.  Base card is royal blue pearlescent which I have rounded the corners using X-cut corner punch.
2.  The black card is one of the backing sheets I have been playing with.  This is the Diamond sparkle medium which looks like a pale blue on the black card.
3.  Using my Stork and baby stamp I have inked up with FlitterGlu and then using Mega Flakes added to the image and rubbed of the residue which left this beautiful image.  I then cut the oval using Spellbinder Oval die.  I then took 2 doilies and added them to the back of the topper.  I have coloured the oval using Dew Drop Brilliance Sky Blue.  I stamped it's a boy in Blue and added to the topper.
4.  To finish off I added a pram charm to a piece of ribbon and made a bow and then added a couple of Card Candi to the bottom corners.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx


22 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Linda, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is stunning, really love it good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card .. Linda ..love the background paper and the little charm pram .. cute

    hugs
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the stalk the lace and the background.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Linda,love the image and great details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card and i love the little charm :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card Linda - I love that sparkle medium - its fab! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Linda. I love the image and the colours and textures are wonderful.

    Thank you for taking part in the first Ladybug Crafts Challenge and don't forget you can enter up to 3 times!!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so striking looking. Cute charm too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Linda, i love the way you have used the doilies to make it look like lace.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect card for a little one! Love all the blue and the use of the doily!

    (Congrats on that win at {Pin}spirational Challenges too!!! YEAH!)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Linda! I love your colours and little charm :) Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo, love the lace framing the image, Linda! Darling little baby carriage charm. I may have to CASE this one but in pink for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super card Linda, I love the effect of the Diamond Sparkle on the black card. The pleated doilies and the image are fabulous too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Linda I just love the look of this sparkle medium you have stencilled for the background and can see why you want more stencils etc. Your card is a lovely combination of all the different elements and I particularly love the beautiful image of the stock with baby! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That background is so clever - lovely image and love that little pram charm
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Linda... striking card with a very clever design ...So pretty ... hope you are well. Thanks for joining us at The Ladybug Crafts Challenge. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
    Hugs Mieko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx