Followers

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Your Art Needs You!!!

Good Morning Crafty Friends and Followers

Well one more day and I will be home.  I hope you have all been keeping well and I know that I will have a lot of catching up to do on your creations whilst I have been away.

Today's card is yet again Steampunk, sorry to those of you who don't like steampunk but I love it but I hope it still inspires you to give it a try.


The base of the card is 8 x 8 Kraft card to which I have layered a piece of gold pearlescent card onto it.  I cut out a piece of white Stampography card and stamped images from Aly's Inky Fingers Time Flies collection and Steampunk collection.  I added a wooden cog from Crafty-Emblies which I have inked with Dew Drops Cosmic Copper.  I have plaited together some raffia and attached to the card.  Using a stippling brush I have stippled Tim Holtz Distress ink antique linen and wild honey.  The corner image has been embossed with WOW powders as has the key.  I have also heat embossed the sentiment.  I have added Card Candi and a padlock to finish the card off.

Thank you for stopping by today
I look forward to visiting all your blogs on my return.
Take care and enjoy your day
Hugs xxxxx

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,fabulously laid out.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this is a beautiful card. And beautiful colors.

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I luuuuuurve Steampunk too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Linda, I like the papers the lock and the cog.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love steampunk Linda and this is just fantastic !!

    I love the stamp !

    Take care and lots of love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just delightful, Linda. I'm determined to get better at steam punk and you keep inspiring me. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card! Love that pop of color on here too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Linda - i have never tried steam punk but may have to have a go.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Linda...I never seem to get around to doing steam punk. Maybe I should try some today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on some long overdue commenting and love this even if I'm not a fan of steampunk, x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I absolutely love this Linda, what a stunning layout, just so beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW love this one Linda.
    Not too over the top with the steampunk. Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx