Followers

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Gay Paris

Good Morning Crafty Friends and Followers

Well you definitely need your woolies today it is flippin freezing out there today.  Not that I have been out mind!  Yesterday was a mad day getting all the Christmas cleaning done as both hubby and I were at home and it was the only time we had free to get it done.  I put the winter duvet on yesterday how was that for good timing?  It is fatal though as I just didn't want to get out of bed!

Now todays card is made so that I could enter it into one of my crafy friends challenge blog  Craftymess Challenge Blog, there are only 4 entries so far please take part if you can.  I do hope some of you will take part in this challenge as there are only a few entries to date.  The theme is "Choose a Country"  I picked Paris as you will no doubt have guessed from the title of my blog post.


Kraft card as the base card which I have punched with X-cut corner punch
Black pearlescent card
Next layer is double sided sticky paper which I have added micro beads for texture
Postcard is from my stash which I have distressed with PanPastels Burnt Sienna and Orange Shade
The Topper and stamps are from a sheet of Graphic 45, Glimpse of Paris
Using a pair of scissors I have scored around the postcard and added Adirondak Expresso ink.
I have also added Fran-tage down the right hand side and along the bottom.  Before layering the postcard down I have added an eiffel tower charm.
The topper has been heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then scored with scissors around the edges.  I then manipulated the topper so the embossing cracked to age it.
To finish off I added the penny farthing which I bought from Crafty Emblies



This is a close up of the topper.


Thank you for Stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx




31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Linda,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, A super card, the layout is great and I love the distressed look of the card.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card as always love everthing about it xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,this is stunning Linda...I love the vintage style and those gorgeous stamps and Paris image.Perfectly matched with the penny farthing bike...I love it.
    Thank you for entering our challenge at craftymess and giving it a shout out on your blog...for some reason it's a slow challenge this time around...
    Love n' hugs
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda that is fanbloodytastic hunnie, i adore it and you have one of penny farthings on, thank you hunnie, im sure the rest of the crew from craftymess challenge blog will be blown away by your entry xx

    Hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda ... Thank you for entering into the Craftymessblog challenge .... I love your Paris card ... It's really gorgeous
    Xxx Tina DT XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oww so love Paris thank you for joining us at craftymess. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love the vintage look and the layers look fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool looking. Love that post card with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a stunning make x thank you for joining us at Crafty Mess xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic card Linda. I love the vintage look. The topper and Penny Farthing are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card - great detail on it
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, love the Paris theme :-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda a great layout and the distressed look ,just fab dahling
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful vintage card linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW I must say this is absolutely stunning work. Fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely Linda, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooo, love that vintage post card look, Linda. That penny-farthing bicycle is so fantastic! Love the offset, angeled matting. So effective.

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab card Linda, really vintage looking.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. fab card Linda, really vintage looking.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love this.Paris is my favourite place and you've done it proud!I love the distressing and how the layers build up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous Linda, Paris is the one place I want to visit so much, but it keeps getting put to the bottom of the lists of needed things LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool card love the college effect with the layout of yur card.
    Great charm too!

    Thanks for joining us at craftymess

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Linda. My husband and I both love Paris. Good luck with the challenges. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous Linda, I love the vintage feel to this card.

    Hope you had a lovely meal with your Husband and a nice day with your Grandchildren.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card Sweetie, good luck with the challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Linda, gorgeous project, love the colors and gorgeous image. Thsnk you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tres chic! Great card, lovely design, thank you for joining us at the Creative Moments Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW WOW WOW FABULOUS, LOVE THE VINTAGE LOOK AND YOU HAVE GOT IT SPOT ON, GORGEOUS LINDA XXX

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW I love the Paris theme and this is just stunning, love it!

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Linda,
    Gorgeous card. Very classy!
    Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters.
    ~Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx