Followers

Thursday, 27 December 2012

Cogs and Lace

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends and Followers

A quick post from me this morning!  I got my new computer yesterday so in the process of transferring files etc from lappy to PC.  This new computer is going to take some getting used to as it is the new Windows 8!  Anyway less about me, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, I was totally spoilt as usual.

Today's card is all about Steampunk, now you all know I love steampunk and I have got a few items which are ideal for altered art so I am hoping to give these the steampunk make over.



6 x 6 black base I have matted silver mirri textured card on the base.
The second layer is from Kraftyhands Steampunk Emporium CD which has been printed onto pearlescent card.  I have wrapped lace around this before attaching it to the base of the card.
I have printed off the topper and edged this in purple using my Copic's pen.
The cogs are from Crafty-Emblies these are a UK family based company and are a great source for getting just about any wooden embellishment you want!
I have embossed the cogs and then used Fran-tage which gives them a fabulous texture.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx



16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Linda....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Linda. Love the colours and the embossing. Congratulations on your challenge win the other day. Good luck with these challenges. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Linda, loving your card , steam punk is going to feature in my cards for 2013 not so sure they will be as good has yours mind your creations are inspiring .Carol.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon Linda, a fabulous card, I love Steampunk and Goth, and am going to get right into that next year, hope you have had a fab time hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Linda, I love the colour and the image.
    You will love the new features with Windows 8 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Linda...but not as lovely as the one which landed on my doormat today! It's absolutely beautiful, thank you...we both really love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Linda. I love that image on the Steampunk CD. Am going to have to look for those embellishments they look great. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, love the image and layout x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the steampunk Linda but that is something i can not do like you
    xxx hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card Linda.


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, love the colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant card Linda, lovely image..pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Linda I like the image the backing paper and the lace.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fab card Linda, you do steam punk so well. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx