Followers

Friday, 25 January 2013

About Me

Good Morning Crafty Friends and Followers

A good blogging friend of mine Katie Skilton asked me if I would do a piece about myself for her blog which appears on her blog today.  Please visit Katie's blog as she is a fantastic crafter and has some lovely features on her blog here

As you all know I live in Warrington in the UK.   I have 2 sons and a stepson, I became a grandmother for the first time in 2011 to a beautiful little girl called Alice and then last year my youngest son presented me with another granddaughter called Florence.  I have a very supportive husband called Rick and we are owned by our lovely tortoise shell cat called Tiggy.

I started crafting when I was a young girl.  My Dad taught me how to knit and I can still remember sitting beside my Nan whilst she taught me how to make all of my dolls clothes from vest and knickers through to coats and hats.

I have dabbled into all sorts of crafting from crochet, embroidery and cross stitch.  My house is full of my cross stitch pictures and quite a few of my friends and relatives have pictures too.  I got into card making about 13 years ago and I love it.  I started off working in the conservatory but as my crafting stash grew so did my need for more space.  About 5 years ago now we converted one of our bedrooms into a craft room and you will find me working here everday.

About 5 years ago I got my first design team position working as part of Stephanie Weightman’s My Craft Studio designers and some of my work was shown on Create and Craft.  Some of you might have seen me working at some of the craft shows up and down the country as I worked with Kay Rutter who designed the Hougie Board.  Kay was responsible for giving me the confidence to show my work as I wasn’t very confident and for this I can’t thank Kay enough for believing in me.

Two years ago I started my blog.  WOW it has been the best thing I have ever done.  I have not only met a lot of crafting friends (some of whom I have had the privilege to meet) but have got so much inspiration and feedback on my work.  I even joined a few blog design teams too and through this have made friends with crafters from all over the world.

Last year I was privileged to be asked to be on the design team for Kraftyhands and was made our Blog Challenge coordinator.  In October Mike and Ian asked me to work for them and I am their Operations Manager and travel to Leeds every week to work in their new studio.  We have a lot of fun but at the same time work really hard.  The boys are great designers and have some great ideas and their CD’s are just awesome.  There are lots more great new products being released this year too so keep your eyes peeled.

People often ask me what my style of crafting is and the only way I can describe it is that it is eclectic.  I do love to mix different techniques, CD crafting with stamping and distressing, parchment craft with stamping.  I do love CD crafting but I must admit that I love stamping too.  I love to do altered art but I haven’t had much time to do this but I am hoping to get into this more this year.

Here are just a couple of samples of what I have made over the past 2 years.  I would like to thank Katie for asking me to do this and I hope you enjoyed getting to know me too.





 
This is the doors to my cupboard using Sheena Douglass’ stamps and Pebeo paints (Paint Fusion)
This card was featured in an online magazine for Scrapbook Stamp Society an American Company.


This card is made using Acetate which I have stamped trees onto and then attached with brads to watercolour card which I have distressed.
You can see from this selection just how my work varies.
Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx
 

31 comments:

  1. Ooh...look at you. I'll have to fight my way through the bodyguards next time we meet up, lol.

    Lovely to read more about you...and to know you too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Linda. I love the Steampunk card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely write up Linda and beautiful cards
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great write up Linda and love your choice of projects to showcase. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to read more of your 'history'! Love the projects you've picked out.....the cupboard doors are stunning, and my favourite card is the 'trees'....I just love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a long list of DT's, well done for all you have achieved. I think most of your hobbies match up well with mine, especially the cross stitch. Keep doing what you are doing and keep on enjoying it. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Linda,nice to know a little more about you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great write up Linda and fabulous art works.
    Laine
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely set of cards Linda that show off all your talents and styles.

    Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with us.

    Claire x
    (DT- Crafty bloggers network)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good choice of samples Linda it is lovely to hear how you have grown and changed in your crafting life.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, Linda....and all of these are so lovely!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is gorgeous Linda. I have really enjoyed reading all about you. You certainly have a varied and interesting life. Good luck to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading the bio, Linda, and of course, your cards are all wonderful. I'm pleased to have been part of your early blogging world and love that we served together on a DT. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy they are all brilliant love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful write up and how fun to have your work showcased. All of the projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card! so different! x

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely to get to know a bit more about you, Linda - your projects are stunning.

    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely to hear more about you, card and projects are lovely too :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Linda for sharing. I have always been an admirer of your work your cards and projects give all of us crafters inspiration to do better Lots of love Carol.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely to hear a bit of background about you and your 'craft' journey Linda, and the samples are fabulous, especially love the cupboard door x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great bio! I love the cards and window creation Linda!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great projects.
    Especially like the steampunk one :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work Linda. Congratulations on all of it.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  24. What can I say !!!!.. Stunning, I love them all, and your doors, are stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow Linda you have had a busy time. It's lovely to here how people started and what help they have had off people they have met through crafting. Love your sample cards
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're such a celebrity now Linda!
    Your cards are always fabulous and you deserve the attention. I love the selection you've picked out x

    ReplyDelete
  27. HI LInda, these are great creations. Its lovely to find out more about you and to be working with you at Kraftyhands. I didn't realise that you had been involved with Stephanie at My Craft Studio and Kay Rutter's Hougie Board. I wouldn't be without mine now! You too gave me the confidence to keep going with my crafting as you always have time to comment/give feedback on my blog and I appreciate it. Thank you. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great display of your work Linda . They are all so lovely ...I do love the little kitty she is adorable and the tree card is super xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great getting to know more about you Linda, what a fabulous life and crafting life, and such wonderful people you have worked alongside, you are an inspiration to me, and I enjoy visiting your blog everyday, love and hugs and here is to many more years of happy crafting xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab post hun, lovely to learn more about you
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx