Followers

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Altered Box

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I hope that you have all had a good day and managed to get some crafting done.  Today I decided that I needed a storage box for my Crafty-Emblies as they were all over the place and wanted to store them in the one place so I was searching my drawers for the ones that I wanted.

I had a box that needed a new lease of life so I sanded it down and painted it first with some funky green paint (I am in the mood for green at the moment), I let this dry and then painted a thin layer of watered down PVA, once this was dried I then painted over using cream emulsion paint.  I let this part dry and then finished it off with my heat gun.  This produced a lovely crackled effect on all of the box.


I then took my stippling brush and using Distress Inks Peeled Paint I stippled all over the entire box.


I then took my alphabet stamp and stamped the letters for "Crafty-Emblies", heat embossed the letter, then I used a Kaiser clock stamp and stamped over the letters.  Taking a bottle of Cosmic Shimmer Mist Rich Gold I spritzed over them.  Used my heat gun to dry and then cut them out.  I then used attached them to the box with Pinflair and added a few of the wooden cogs.  Viola a nice new storage addition for my crafty-emblies.



Thank you for stopping by Today and I hope to see you again Soon
Hugs xxxxx 

18 comments:

  1. What a fab idea I love it and thecolour.... Now where are my spare boxes. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda loveing the box and the colour
    Xxx hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idae to make a home for those crafty emblies especially in this lovely box :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous box Linda! Love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous re-vamp Linda, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Linda and I just lurve green!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is stunning hun, LOVE the colour and the heat embossed emblies look awesome
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic project Linda. I love how you've created the dlayers of colour on the box. The stamped letters are marvellous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful alteration my dear:)
    Lovely color:)
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning box, great colour and a fab way to store all your emblies xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay it looks fabby x still not finished mine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh hun this is brilliant love,using that technique and just love the colours,and love,how you have done the letters hun,gorgeous work hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous idea, Linda, love it, and a great way to do crackling, could you imagine how much distress crackle you would have used for this size of box....I have gone a wee bit green myself, funnily enough, did you see my Lacy Sunshine card, LOL xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the green washed look on the your recycled box.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous box, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute and useful - can't beat that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea, Linda. Love the colours and the embellies. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx