Followers

Monday, 18 February 2013

Steampunk Box

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Whew what a busy day I have had, went to see my Dad this morning and then went to see my Stampin Up upliner Debbi.  Got home this afternoon and managed to see Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion show on Create and Craft.  I have done some painting this weekend and will be posting a card on Wednesday.

Tonight's box started life as a flat pack from Crafty-Emblies which I have painted with Pebeo Acrylic paints and then painted over this with Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour paint in Copper.  I then stamped the lid with VersaMark and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder in black.  I have then attached wooden embellishments again from Crafty-Emblies.  I plan to use this to store my Steampunk bits and bobs.  Stamps used are from Ally's Inky Finger's, Freebie from DoCrafts Magazine and Personal Impressions


This is the box painted before stamping


Inside base stamped with Free DoCrafts Chronology stamp set


Lid of box stamped with Ally's Inky Fingers stamps
centre stamp is from Personal Impressions


Side view of box with Crafty-Emblies wooden embellishments


Crafty-Emblies is a small family run business but do the most amazing wooden embellishments and are adding everyday.  I just love them, you can ink, paint, spritz and even use some of their emblies as stencils.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


35 comments:

  1. oh i love it, linda this is fantastic, what a great way to do it up, well done gorjuss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda, this is fabulous! Love what you have done with it!

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. love that stamp!

    Moira xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cool project that works so well with the steampunk images. Great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Linda this is amazing!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous Linda, love all the stamping. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant way to decorate a box Linda, it looks fabulous. I love the way you've stamped around the edge of the top x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is gorgeous Linda. I love the shape, the copper is fab and the stamping. I love it all but will it be big enough for your steam punk stuff, you might need another one

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous, just love the stamps you have used
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda I love it, those stamps on the lid are fab.hugs
    Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an excellent box Linda ... love it xx

    Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Linda this is impressive work!!!! Such a gorgeous creation again!!!!!! Love the stamps you used!!!!!! Excellent !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab project Linda, love the stamping.

    Hugs Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is brilliant Linda, gorgeous creation pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fabulous Linda, great stamps you've used too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. thats very different and a very nice entry well done, thank you for joining us at Glitter n sparkle challenge blog good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow Linda this is beautiful made.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous Linda, what a great project to do.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is so cool! Fabulous place to store all your steam punk stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! This is stunning Linda absolutely love it, gorgeous images and I love the shimmer
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love this box, Linda! I get inspired to do projects like this when I see them and then get distracted and rarely get them done. I really like this one, though and may just dig out supplies and get one done myself. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOOH! I love your little box!! The images are perfect for it. Thanks for joining The Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fabulous Linda! I love it. Actually, Jamie's fossil collection is going and I've seen some big, wooden boxes which would be great to keep them safe. After all, wouldn't want something that's survived for 450 million years to get broken now, would we? And I could pinch some of your decorating ideas! :oD
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh I want one of these, you've done a fab job, I love the stamp you have used around the edges, I'll be looking for that
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Linda this is fab, I have to admit to not normally liking steam punk, can't get my head around Victorian men with fish and clocks on their head! But I love this, these boxes would be great to keep any stash in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is awesome Linda.. I love steampunk!!
    Meredith
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow fab project , love what you did . Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab project Linda. Great idea. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Linda this is stunning, love what you have done with it. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Abbie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful box. Thanks for entering the challenge with Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a great entry for my "Anything But a Card". Thanks for sharing at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx