Followers

Thursday, 28 March 2013

Decorated Pot

Good evening crafty friends, followers and visitors

Well I have had a fabulous afternoon creating in my craft room.  I haven't made any cards but I can tell you there has been Pebeo paint, Kroma crackle, Flitterglu, gilding flakes and book binding glue.  I have been in my element and I plan to be doing this all weekend (when I am at home).

Tonight's little pot I bought at Harrogate as I so love the shape of it but didn't have a clue what I was going to do with it, don't you find that? 

I have used Pebeo acrylic paint in blueberry and painted both the inside and the outside.  Once it was dry I then used one of my swirl stamps (Creative Expressions stamp) and stamped all the sides and used silver gilding flakes which had the odd gold flecks in it.  Around the bottom I attached stringed pearls with Pinflair and let that dry.  I wanted to use the wool with the love bits but it was to narrow so I crocheted a long snake to go around the top of the pot and enough to tie a bow.  on the back I have added the black butterfly which was cut out using Spellbinder Les Papillion 2 and added some gems.


On the front I have attached 3 stick pins a rose and 2 other flowers .


 on the back I have added the black butterfly which was cut out using Spellbinder Les Papillion 2 and added some gems.


I left the sides decorated only with the gilding flakes.  I am going to put a chocolate Easter bunny inside and give it as a gift to my mum!



Thank you for stopping by Today
Crafty Hugs xxxxx



21 comments:

  1. A fabulously decorated pot Linda. The gilded swirls are gorgeous, I'm sure your Mum will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - fun to change it up occasionally from cardmaking isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Linda, your Mum will love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely creation Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous project Linda, love the colour and swirls x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super project, love the shape of the pot too. The colour and decorations are fantastic with the beautifully gilded flourishes.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous gift for your mum. This is fantastic - love everything about it. Where's the before picture though?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Linda and I'm sure it will be well received by your Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab Linda, and I'm sure your mam will love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous project Linda...your mam's going to love it.
    Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic creation Linda xxx
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, Linda, this is lovely! Your mum will love it!
    My pots are still on my shelf ... Maybe I'll have time during the Easter hols xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've created a lovely project and I'm sure your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. originality, uniquability and quite inspirational Linda, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness, this is so pretty!! I tend to only create cards or other paper things. I absolutely love what you did with this "pot." Love all the details and design. Thank you for joining us at DRS Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning, Linda! I wish this was living at my house. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a lovely piece of altered art, Linda. I love the finish you have achieved on your surface. Thank you for sharing with us at Happy Campers. Good Luck. Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely creation and thanks for sharing at craft this week and hope to see you next week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx