Followers

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Home is where the Heart Is!!!

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Welcome to all my new followers, wow only 11 followers before I reach 700.  Thank you everyone for following me, visiting and leaving such wonderful comments.  I hope that you have all enjoyed visiting and I have helped inspire you with my varied creations over that last 2 years.

Today's make is something that I have been wanting to do for a while.  On my trip to Harrogate GPNE show I purchased the sign "home".  I had an idea what I wanted to do then went in a totally different direction.  Do you find this happening to you too?  Anyway less babbling from me and here are a few photographs of my completed "Home", which will show you why I chose the title for this post.





I painted this first with Pebeo brown acrylic paint and then added Kroma to get a feint crackle
Once this was dry I then stippled Pebeo cream  and then let that dry. Once it was dried I sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle in Gold
I printed off the photograph of my hubby and I and cut it out into a heart and glittered around the edge.
Using a stamp set I stamped the hearts and sentiments using Black Stazon.
It now has pride of place on my mantle piece. 



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


21 comments:

  1. Ah So Lovely Linda. you are so in love its lovely to see
    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful idea, Linda! I love that photograph of you and hubby. Wonderfully creative, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a fab piece of work, I love everything about it...I am sure that it looks great on your mantelpiece and the photo of your husband and you finishes it off to perfection....hugs, Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. another very cool project Lynne !!!
    just brill
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project, love it.

    Sylv xx
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty piece. Love the photo you you two and all the stamped hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful made Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is s great project Linda - love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a fabulous project Linda, so glad it's got pride of place on your mantle piece - that's where it should be xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Such a beautiful sign. Love the photo too. Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous idea Linda. I love how you've personalised it with the lovely photo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely project Linda....and that's such a nice pic of you both x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fabulous Linda, love the photo. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wondered what you would do with this, it's nice to see the finished object, you've done a wonderful job.... no wonder it has pride of place.... i love it x (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant job Linda! Love it. You're inspiring me to do more stuff like this, but no point until I move...I need a lottery win so I can move NOW. I want to decorate my new home!!!! Lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. great project and definitely done with love :) Thanks for joining our AG challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
    Tammy DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, life seems to change and so when I finally get to a project it usually isn't what I intended when I bought it. But that's okay! Yours turned out beautifully. At least you made it and its not sitting unfinished like most of mine! :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge. Hope to see you soon. Be sure to stop by in May as we have a few NEW things up our sleeves!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx