Followers

Friday, 22 March 2013

Melt Pot Playtime

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Today Kath aka Mucky Paws, came to mine and we had a play with my melting pot and an assortment of moulds, mica, UTTE, and Fran-tage.  Boy did we have fun, we were bouncing ideas of each other.  My new Spellbinders came which were POTW last week on C & C and I said why don't we see if the UTTE etc will work with the dies.  WOW ladies did they ever!  Below is a photograph taken of some of the things we played with.  They aren't perfect but as this was just trial and error we were both pleased with the results.


We used the following Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites
Wrought Iron, Gilded Gate 2, Filigree Vase, Ornamental Tags 3 and the Love Locket.
What do you thing?  On the vase and locket we rubbed Metallic Gilding Wax in Cast Bronze from Creative Expressions.  I will be playing a lot more with these D-Lites and my melting pot.
The Wrought Iron and Gilded gate where cut out first with scrap card and then dipped into the melting pot.


These ones are moulds that Kath brought with her except for the Cabochon which is from my stash.  On the heart Kath reheated this just a little then used the filigree pattern off the Spellbinder Vase and made an impression.

I would love the hear if you have used other accessories with your Melt Pot.

Thank you Kath for making today such a fun day and looking forward to our next play day.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx



22 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations Linda. I love them. You have got me thinking.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh they look great :) thanks for a fabby day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea of dipping in the melt pot, the wrought iron gates look great, will have to give that one a go
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they look great Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like brilliant fun and so very inventive - I'm now wishing I had a melting pot - never managed to invest in one - but thats given me food for thought xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous creations Linda, I do not have a melting pot, wish I had now.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow they look fabulous i so want to come visit

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have inspired me to get out my melt pot looking at these amazing pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look fab, wish I had a melting pot too now lol. Glad you had a fun day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made great use of your melt pot - I keep deciding that I can't warrant spending that amount on one - but these are brilliant projects so I won't delete it off my wish list just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all amazing Linda. I'm glad you and Kath had a wonderful time playing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Wow these look just fabulous, sounds like you both had fun too. Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sweetie, these are beautiful, i wish i had a play-mate, you & Kath certainly had fun x (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them but oh no Linda, now I need a bloomin melt pot!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous hun, just watched your video using the dies too, fabulous work
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous creations, love the idea with the dies. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the embellishments made using your melt pot.

    Sylvia xx
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab embellies Linda, I love playing with my melt pot, but haven't tried die cuts, I shall have to now. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fabulous Linda i have watched your youtube tutorial its great.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! How fab you have a crafty friend to play with, sounds like it was great fun? These look fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow these are fabulous, that gate is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx