Followers

Sunday, 31 March 2013

Tulips a sign of Spring

Good Evening crafty friends, followers and visitors

A quick post from me this evening.  To me tulips always remind me of Spring, I love the tulip stamp from Sheena Douglass' especially with Pebeo Acrylic paints. 

Rick and I spent this morning with our granddaughters, my they sure are growing up quick.  I spent time reading to Alice her new reading book about Peter Rabbit.  We had a lovely time with them and then came home and my Step Son called round.  So a good day all in all.



Recipe
Pale green shaped card
First layer is white card which I have embossed using Die'sire Embossalicious Floral Frenzy and then cut with Spellbinder Label 1 die
I used Creative Expressions Metallic Guilding Wax in Patina
The topper is Sheena Douglass' Tulip which I have painted with Pebeo paints
I have added a ribbon and tied a bow which I have added a metal basket charm.
To finish off I have added a butterfly and some cream card candy

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


21 comments:

  1. it's a lovely card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a perfect day Linda. I love the colours you have used on this lovely card

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card,fab design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! your blog looks so cool!!! I like it. Just stop by to wish you Happy Easter!!!!
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful . Love the tulip and the embossed background x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Linda - we too have had time with the grandkids today. Swimming this morning, golf this afternoon and tea with too at theirs. Totally exhausted now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Linda , love the background and the Tulip looks gorgeous how its painted ! Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, Linda. Our son brought me a huge bunch of tulips as a late Mothering Sunday gift. Thank you for your visit and kind comments. I love making scenes and stories on my cards, and I am lucky enough to have a number of great stamps which work well together. Hope you had a good Easter. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card.. Sounds like you have had a great day.
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time.. Good Luck in the draw and Happy Easter.
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card Linda, the colours are wonderful and I love the tulip x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, fab charm...Thanks for joining us at Divas by design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Linda I like the tulip the embossing and the charm.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Linda - I was out shopping today and saw some beautiful tulips, and made me think MAYBE Spring is nearly here. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Linda. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Linda. Glad you had a lovely time with the little sproggies.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, love the tulip and lovely colours used.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely card Linda, glad you had a good time with the little one's, and your Step son of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the kind of card that I have to look at for about 15 minutes to see exactly how you made all of the elements come together. I have never heard of gilding wax before but I love the soft shiny color and the little basket is so adorable! I love the flower and the butterfly too!

    Thank you for playing along with the One Stitch At a Time Design Team!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the shape of your card. Awesome embossing and wonderful little charm.

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty, love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!
    Sandy :) DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx