Followers

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Mechanical Handbags

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Wednesday already, time sure does  fly when you are having fun.  I had a good productive day yesterday in my craft room getting some DT work done.  I even managed to play with my stamps and inks.

This is what I came up with, a bit different but enjoyed making it, got inky fingers for a change.  I played with my new stamps and masks which I purchased from Sam Poole's Creative Studios.


Recipe

1. 8 x 8 Black square card
2.  Using the A4 Clock Mask from Creative Expressions I used DI Vintage Photo and stippled over the mask
3.  I stamped the ribbon using the coil from the Mechanical Handbags stamp set and wrapped this around the card.
4.  On a separate piece of card using DI Wild Honey I have stamped the coil around the edges and distressed with my paper distresser and inked the edges with Vintage Photo
5.  The sentiment has been embossed with Cosmic Shimmer EP in Black as have the clock keys.
The cogs have been stamped using DI Tea Dye
6.  The handbag and lips stick stamps were covered with Pebeo Modelling paste and left for 24 hours to dry.  Once dry I removed from the stamp and inked with stamp and pressed the mould onto the stamp to highlight the detail of the handbag and lipstick.
7.  To finish off I have added a clock and bee charm and a flower that has been dipped into UTEE.



Thank you for Stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

23 comments:

  1. OOOH you have been busy it looks fab . Love it . Hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully creative. Loving the kind of steam punk feel to it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have the patience to let mine dry for 24 hours.....but glad you did since it turned out beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Sweetie, i love the sentiment xxx (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative Linda - very much a steampunk feel to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work Linda the result is stunning. hugs Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Hun, some fabulous techniques too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Aunty Linda. Just love, love, love that little bee!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very effective way to do the handbag and lipstick, Linda! Love the card, especially the masking. Great coil stamp and it does look like ribbon around the sentiment. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a nice card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its lovely to get Inky from time to time, what real crafting is all about "THE MESS" :)
    Love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and it's sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was für eine schöne Karte! Vielen Dank für´s mitmachen bei Cards und More. Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous creation Linda, looks like you had fun! Congrats on yesterday's news too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Linda - love it - and that handbag is super!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A super card Linda and a great technique with the handbag and lipstick stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great card, fab background and love the stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow you`ve been busy, lots of creative work & so worth it...amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for taking time to share your talent and play with us at Mema's Crafts. If you haven't entered the giveaway I encourage you to do so..if you want of course.

    Hugs
    Lesia

    ReplyDelete
  20. fabulous work as always Linda!! love the masking,Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx