Followers

Monday, 29 April 2013

Salford to Liverpool

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I hope you have all had a fabulous weekend.  My hubby and I met up with Rick's brothers, adopted sister and cousin this weekend in Salford.  We were celebrating Michael's 65th and Willa's 50th birthdays and had a brilliant time.  We always get together and do something different and I think this as been as different as you could get.  We are scattered all over the UK so it is lovely to get together for a weekend and catch up.

Rick organised the trip which was the Salford to Liverpool canal cruise.  We spent 6 hours on a canal boat!  We set off from Salford Quays at 10 o'clock on Saturday morning, gosh it was so windy and cold.  When the sun shone it was lovely but we did have rain but it was fun.  We travelled under 21 bridges and five sets of locks which lifted us a total of 17 metres.  As you know I live in Warrington and I have often had to stop to let the canal boats travel through so it was lovely being on the canal boat and other drivers having to stop for us.

We docked at the Pier Head in Liverpool just after 4 o'clock and had 2½ hours to have a look around before we were picked up by double decker buses to take us back to Salford.  We had a mooch around the shops at Albert Dock.  We finished the night off with a family meal. 

Yesterday we had a mooch around the Lowry centre and of course I treated myself to some new clothes, which I desperately needed I might add, 5 new tops and 3 pairs of trousers.

Here are a few photographs.


From Left to Right, Cousin Peter, Willa, Brother Peter and Gina


Tamar, Michael and my hubby Rick


Just one of the bridges we travelled under



Liverpool Pier Head
Thank you for visiting today
Hugs xxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Linda. Glad you all enjoyed it and thank you for the piccies. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time. I agree it's nice to go out and do something together as a celebration rather than just have a meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear about your lovely weekend.....Alan and I love the canals, our dream is to have a canal boat sometime soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to jointly celebrate family birthdays Linda. The photos are lovely and it looks like a good time was had by all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fab trip, something I think I would like to do some day
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT
    My Blog: A Crafty Blether

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a wonderful time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab, glad you had a good time, it good to meet up with everyone once in a while :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like everyone had a fun time. Great photos too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great way to celebrate birthdays, so glad you all had a fabulous weekend. Love all the photos x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx