Followers

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Vintage Car

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.  I sure have, nice day out yesterday and today crafting in my craft room. 

Today is a plaque that I have made for my Dad towards his Father's Day presents.  My Dad loves his cars and what he doesn't know about cars you could put on a postage stamp.  My Dad was born and bred in Liverpool and apart from spending time in the Far East when he was in the Royal Marines this is where he now lives.


Recipe

20 x 14 cm Mount Board which I have distressed using DI Forest Moss and Vintage Motor
The maps are from an old road Atlas one is the map of Britain and the other is of Liverpool
I have distressed these with the above mentioned inks
Using Time after Time stamp set from Visible Image I have used the cracked glass and stamped over the whole of the plaque using Forest Moss, the cogs have been embossed using Cosmic Shimmer in black.  I then used Fran-Tage in old gold around the plaque.  The sentiment is also from the set
The vintage car is also from Visible Image I have used molding paste and gel to make the car when it was set peeled it off the stamp I then inked the stamp and then the mould.  I am very pleased with the effect the ink has left on the stamp.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

17 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the way the vintage car looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Linda, your Dad will love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The car looks great using the paste, great plaque I'm sure your Dad will be thrilled xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a lovely card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous make.

    Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog, hope we see you again.

    Moira xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FAB card Linda.. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love it! And I'm sure your dad will too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great plaque Linda and a wonderful technique for creating the car. It looks brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, I love all the embossing and stamping on the background
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not surprised you are pleased Linda...this is stunning...I love it and I'm sure your dad will just adore it...made with so much love.
    Love how you have re-created the car from the stamp...

    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd and Rosies.

    Love and Hugs
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, thanks for entering this months Visible Image challenge, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great plaque for your Dad - he will love it - the car is super!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh i really like the effect of this one Linda.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just fab! I'm sure you're dad will love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Anything but a Card challenge!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx