Followers

Sunday, 12 May 2013

Altered Matchbox

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A really wet and windy day here in Warrington.  Oh how I wish Summer would hurry up and get here.  Totally fed up now with all the wind and rain.

Yesterday I had a great time at the Happy Stampers stamping show in Port Sunlight.  Met a lot of my crafty friends both from my craft group and Facebook friends.  Thank you all so much for stopping and saying hello.

Today I am showcasing my first ever altered matchbox.  I have made this into a little gift box for a pair of earrings I made a few weeks ago.



First I opened the box out and stamped both the inside and outside of the box with a stamp from Personal Impressions it has writing all over the stamp with butterflies interspersed on it.  I then folded it back together, cut out a piece of felt and attached the earrings. 



This is the back of the inside box


On the cover I have added lace to both side and some pearl and gem strip
Decoupage the butterfly and added gems for it butterfly trail, added a sentiment and the letter "L"


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece of recycling - I love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an adorable little gift box, gorgeous detailing, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute box & a lovely way to showcase your earrings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there no end to your crafty talents Mrs? Lol Jewellery, altered art, cards need I go on? Fabulous matchbox, just love the vintage style so pretty and elegant, and as for the earrings inside! Well gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda, what a fab idea, please may I borrow this....it looks stunning and so useful ...It was great to see you yesterday....hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's beautiful made Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty hun, love the colours and the stamping, really gorgeous matchbox. Whilst I am here thank you for joining in with Seemacrafts and PanPastels challenges
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Linda, a gorgeous piece of up-cycling. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. brilliant idea Linda, looks fabulous
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute box Linda - wish I'd been able to say hello yesterday! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a sweet pretty box Linda
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely little project & the ear-rings are great x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty little project, Linda. Gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A pretty little box Linda. The colours, butterfly and gems are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a sweet altered match box . I also love the earrings xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable gift box - so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely idea! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow hun this is stunning thanks for joining in the competition hugs seema @ seemacrafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous piece of altered art Linda and such a great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel UK.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it. inspiring idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab matchbox Linda, love the colours... Thanks for joining in at Seemacrafts xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx