Followers

Monday, 6 May 2013

Playtime with the Melt Pot

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Friends

Well what a fantastic lovely sunny day it has been here in Warrington.  The washing was dry by noon.  Hubby has spent the day in the garden and I even joined him for an hour this afternoon soaking up the rays of the sun.  I came back in after an hour rather pink!

I have had a play finally with my melt pot this afternoon and some air dry clay which I pressed into some rose moulds.


These are the roses from the mould, I am quite pleased with how they have come out.  I have rubbed gilding wax onto them to show the petals.


These are made using silicone moulds the ones on the right are made with Cosmic Shimmer Bronze with a touch of Tropic Pearl and the ones on the right are a mixture of Blue Raspberry, Lapis Sapphire and Tropic Pearl


Now you all know how I love to use my melt pot with my Spellbinder D-Lites well here is the Heart and the Locket I have used gilding wax to highlight the intricate details.  Every time I try this the results get better and better.  The square is a cookie cutter which I have embedded a key and lock into whilst still very warm.


Apart from the two bezel these are all made by pouring a mixture of different UTEE colours into Cookie cutters.  The heart I poured clear UTEE into the cutter and added a clock and key with background paper laid down first. 

I have made a you tube video which I have made a page for at the top of my blog if you wish to see how I achieved the embellishments with my Spellbinder D-Lites

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

15 comments:

  1. Love all of these. Not at the stage of making my own embellishments but these look fab. Very inspiring. X x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a good play with your melt pot, I must get mine out again! Love all the bits you have done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill i can now see wat you have to do have to give it a try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i have never used a melt pot but loving the results x

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are brilliant Linda, must a have a play with my melt pot again.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a good time with your melt pot - fabulous results. Not got one myself - but you make this look easy!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh I may have to buy a melt pot! These are fab! Ger x

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely brilliant Linda - I can't wait to get my melt pot even more now! Your you tube video is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, these are gorgeous, never used a melt pot before, think I may have to invest! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. After watching your tutorial, I need a melt pot xx
    Your projects are fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you've had a brilliant time playing with your melt pot Linda. You've created some fabulous embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving these Linda they are gorgeous.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing Linda, I love them all hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're still having fun playing with your melt pot.

    How can you like this weather? It's horrible and tiring. I want SNOW!!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx