Followers

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Father's Day Tutorial

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Today it is my turn to share my tutorial for my Father's Day card using Kraftyhands Vintage Motor's CD.
Since last week on Kraftyhands Blog the design team have been featured everyday in a post sharing a tutorial on how they have made their Father's Day Cards.  Please do pop across and see what my design team colleagues have made.  They are all fabulous.

Products Used

Vintage Motor's CD
2 8 x 8 Cards Reddish Brown
Black Card for Matting & Layering
Wooden Alphabet
Spellbinder Dies, Circle and Decorative Oval Die
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Forest Moss
Tim Holtz paper distress tool
Collall Glue
Foam Pads
Double Sided Tape
Diagonal Gatefold Card


Take 2 square cards and cut on the diagonal as shown in the photo, left hand side cut from top right to bottom left, on the right had side cut from bottom left to top right and then join cards together 


From the CD I have printed off 2 sheets of the map backing papers, a sheet of toppers and a sheet of the outer toppers. Using Black card I have cut out my layers for the inside and the sides as well as for the toppers.


The inside of the card I have mat and layered black card and the map background.  I have distressed the edges of the map and then inked with DI Forest Moss


On the two diagonals I have matted and layered the same as the inside of the card


I attached the Oval black card on the left half of the card then using double sided tape and foam pads added the centre piece.  The topper in the bottom left hand corner has been distressed and added with foam pads.


To finish off I have added the wooden letters down the top right.

Thank you for stopping by Today
I hope my tutorial has inspired you to have a go at making a similar card.
Hugs xxxxx



16 comments:

  1. ooooh this is fabulous Linda, thanks for the great tutorial.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing Linda
    hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant card Linda, I love the unusual design. A super tutorial too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design Linda :) a lovely piece of work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. Love this card. Great for any guy.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful masculine card. Love the fold and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO this is fabulous love the card shape xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fabby, love the fold and those map papers are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Father's Day card Linda
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful men card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, great tutorial, thanks Linda.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for showing us a pictorial breakdown of the stages you used to make your card. Excellent tut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fathers day card Linda. Super shape. Your tutorial is excellent - really explicit - thanks for sharing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a lovely card Linda and a good tutorial
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great, thanks for sharing Sweetie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx