Followers

Thursday, 18 July 2013

Blue Bird

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I had a fabulous day yesterday crafting with my friend Kath, I got quite a few bits done and will be showing them over the next few days.

A few weeks ago I got some new fabrics from Terry's Fabrics to have a play with and post about, well that is exactly what I did yesterday. One of the fabric's that I chose you can purchase here.



Recipe

1. I took an 8 x 8 canvas and picked the area on the piece of material I wanted cut out and adhered to the canvas with Mod Podge.
2.  I then took Imagination Crafts Apple Blossom Stencil and used Sparkle Medium Blue Sapphire to the top left hand corner so it hung over the bird cage.
3. Taking the Bird from the Bird Feeder stencil I used Lapis Blue and positioned the bird to the right of the cage.
4. To finish off I have used Detail Sparkle  White Shimmer to add detail to the centres of the flowers.

So simple to do but boy it looks really effective.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx


23 comments:

  1. An absolutely stunning mix media canvas. So love the blues.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous canvas Linda. Love the detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love the colours and mixed media element to this, well done!
    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...the colours are fab!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ,love the design and gorgeous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous canvas again Linda - wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful card Linda.

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This must have taken you ages - but what a result! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melisa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Linda, love the idea of using the sparkle on fabric, very clever and so pretty, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a great and wonderful canvas Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous canvas - love those blues!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous canvas. love the colours.

    Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog, hope we see your work again.

    Moira DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, Linda! We both know that purple is the most glorious color in the world, but if I have a second favorite, it has to be blue. This canvas just rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job Linda! I love the Blue Sapphire sparkle medium :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great, I love the different tones of blue & the sparkle, it has an oriental look about it x
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another brilliant canvas Linda. The mixed media works so well and I love the pretty blues x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous canvas, love the design and the blue tones x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a beautiful canvas love the bird cage xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hiya! Your techniques are amazing! Would love to get around the crafting table with you for a few hours :-) Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely canvas Linda with super details.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome canvas project. I love all the blues. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting by Designs.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow stunning work Linda. I love the bird so striking. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Crafty Creations. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx