Followers

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Wise as an Owl

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Here is a little something I made yesterday, I do love owls and this owl stamp by Sam Poole is one of my favourites.  I got very messy making this but so enjoyed myself.  I have taken a few close up shots of the plaque so you can really see the texture and feather stamps.




Recipe

1. MDF square painted with Pebeo Greengold acrylic paint, painted Crackle medium then once this was dry painted Limestone MDF paint. (3 layers)
2. Stamped the feather stamp over in the Dylusions and Cosmic Shimmer Mixture  then stamped again with Vintage Photo (2 layers)
3. Stamped the branch with Stazon (1 layer) then stamped the leaves with green ink 
4. Stamped the owl onto Graphic 45 Steampunk paper with Versamark and then embossed with gold embossing powder cut out and positioned to "sit" on the stamped branch (2 layers)
5. Add metal charm and chit chat stickers (2 layers)
6.  Added 3 feathers and corner piece (2 layers)
7.  Spritzed Dylusions melted chocolate, lemon zest and Cosmic Shimmer Mist Golden fish onto my matt and then laid a piece of card to pick up ink, taking the feather's stamp inked with Vintage photo and stamped over the card.  Stamped the sentiment with Black Stazon and cut out in the shape of a feather, I feathered the edges with my scissors and edged with gold pen. (3 layers).
8 To finish off add 3 wooden cogs (1 layer).  I punched two holes and threaded brown ribbon through and joined together with rust organza ribbon.
In total I have a total of  15 layers :)





Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


35 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing, I just love that owl. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this owl too... Great background, Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how wonderful is this, I would have a beautiful home, if I had your talent....superb hun, love all the embellishments, and that is a real, cool, owl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous Linda, as you know I love this stamp set too! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Linda - I always enjoy seeing your work

    Thank you for joining this week at Through the Purlple Haze Challenge Blog

    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love
    Co-Owner of Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Linda! This is amazing! Love the gorgeous textures and layers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful made Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love owls and I love your work Linda always something different
    to inspire everyone
    hugs Susan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful creation Linda. Love that owl.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely fabulous Linda - this owl set is on my wish list - when I ever have any money spare - lol!!! Big Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creation Linda, he is rather gorgeous that owl isn't he? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby lots of layers, love your creation... and the owl is so cute! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my friend!!!! I just love this creation Linda!!!!! The colors and texture are so rich!!!!!Wow excellent work as always!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great creation, and love the owl and stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well what can i say its simply wonderful.....i love every bit of it, well done
    Thanks for joining us.
    fiona DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. great project. thanks for playing in ABAC challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda,
    Love your card! It is just gorgeous and I love owls, too! Great design! Thanks for joining us this week at the first ever Through the Purple Haze Challenges! Hope to see you every week!

    Darcy DT
    Through the Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous Linda. The feathers is really a wonderful touch. Love the earthy tones.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I love this, the layers and textures are amazing!
    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Linda, I love this plaque! Great owl and I love the real feathers you added as corner embellishments. Wonderful sentiment. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous and so many wonderful details on this! Love it!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you make it sound so easy.... it's fantastic, all those layers x (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  23. brillant :) if you like challenges a New Challenge for JIC has gone live today, go on my blog to see my latest DT creations and find out more about the challenge http://serendipity-cards.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/welcome-to-16th-july-challenge-for-just.html also yesterday I blogged about a new challenge blog called through the purple haze, take a look at that post for more details :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fabulous Linda, I love the background you've created and the textures throughout are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic detail, great design a beautiful creation xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great plaque - love that owl!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous, love the owl too and the lovely colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I love this..... I am so into Owls right now! Fabulous!
    and thanks for playing along at Through The Purple Haze Challenge Blog!
    Debs.. Purple Haze DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful Plaque, love the embossed owl and ALL the layers ;) great job, would love some plaques like this in my house :)
    Thanks for joining us on our first challenge at Through The Purple Haze Challenges.
    Eithne DT
    Through the Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  30. such a stunning card and i love the owl..Many thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges and hope to see you next week...Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your card with the feathers! Thanks for joining in at this months challenge at Sparkles and we hope you will join again!

    Love From Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great work, fab owl! Thanks for taking part in Sparkles Monthly 'Autumn' Colours' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx