Followers

Sunday, 4 August 2013

Enjoy the Journey

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Raining here this afternoon and must say that even though it is a bit cooler it is still warm.  Enjoyed a good day getting very inky today and I can't wait for my Gelli plate to arrive so that I can have some fun.

Here is something that I made today.


Recipe

1. A5 white linen card which I have matted 2 pieces of silk card which has been embossed using crackle embossing folder.
2. The topper I have matted onto gold pearlescent card.
3. To create the topper I inked the stamp (Vintage Map Collage) with Slap it on, I then inked over it with Distress Ink deep marigold.  From my Tim Holtz stamp set I stamped the cars onto scraps that was left over from the topper and embossed with WOW blueberry embossing powder, I then stamped the sentiment "Enjoy the Journey".  
4. I stamped the sentiment onto a Kraft ticket with Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire and inked the edges.
5. To finish off I have added faux stitching around the bottom left and top right and brown pearl gems.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


23 comments:

  1. Lovely Linda ,I have the gel plate had it 2 months still not used it lol
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo Linda - fab project and I' m super jealous you've got a gelli plate coming - wow!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Linda, I love it!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Linda sorry to hear your electrics been off....How annoying, glad its back on now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the travel theme and how you combined all the elements on your make! Beautiful!

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the different effects you've got on this card. Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Linda - Sorry about the leccie - hope you paid the bill!! lol!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous male card Linda. The colour combo and the cars are wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing card Linda with all the different effects
    Hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Linda, love the embossing, the colours, the image, well everything really, don't know what Gelli plate is but sure you will let us see the results, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Linda, love the colours and textures.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love all the different embossing you used - it really makes the card elements pop out. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Pea Stampers & good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the embossing - very attractive card. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for The Sweet Pea Stampers embossing challenge - Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely vintage car card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “embossing - wet or dry or both” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card Linda. Love the design and all the elements. Great colour combo too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the contrasting colour combination, and those ghostly globes are beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great card Linda with some fab layering. Love the embossed background and the little car. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card for a man, Linda.....loving the colours..
    Krafty Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another great men's card, love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx