Followers

Monday, 26 August 2013

Hat's off to you!

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I had a lovely morning out with hubby, I even went and did some clothes shopping which isn't something I particularly enjoy but I needed to new dresses for my cousin's wedding and another cousin's engagement next month.  Anyway was really pleased that I got this out of the way.

This afternoon I have been watching some uTube clips regarding different techniques which I plan to have a go at over the next few days.  Tonight's card is again started at Kath's last week and finished today.


Recipe

1. 8 x 8 scalloped cream card which I have wrapped black lace around brown card and matted and layered onto the base card.
2. The second layer is cream card distressed with Wild Honey.
3. The Topper is paper from Paper Cellar Victorian Classic, I stamped cogs down one side and the hat which are from Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells stamps.  The hat has been embossed using gold distress embossing powder.
4. I decoupaged the flowers then added wooden cogs, a key and a sentiment from my stash.  


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

26 comments:

  1. Wow stunning love those papers Hugs Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage feel and earthy tones.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,lovely design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous Linda!!Great style and design!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  5. So vintage love the papers so well put together
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a beautiful card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Linda, as you know, I love steampunk/vintage style, and this one is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! Lovely stamps and details! I really like the wooden cogs! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am with you on the clothes shopping, especially as I am vertically challenged, and even Petite is too long, LOL..glad you had a lovely morning out with Hubby though...

    Love this card Linda and look forward to seeing your new techniques xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Linda. I love that look just not to good at doing it myself. You did a fantastic job. Hugs Donalda

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the steampunk papers I hate clothes shopping, I prefer handbag shopping......they always fit
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous steampunk card! Love how you created this card, it is awesome. Thank you for your inspiration!
    Anna xxx
    Your follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice presentation of a steampunk theme! The palette really communicates a vintage feel and that is carried through with the embellishments, particularly that wonder black lace! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super steampunk style card Linda. Love the image and all the elements.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant card, love the papers, and the super design. I hate clothes shopping too, most things are far too long, and I object to paying extra for petite which use far less material! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So elegant Linda. Love this x

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh this is fabulous hun i love it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Linda, just love the colors you chose on this card, Thanks so much for joining us on the Friendly Crafters Blog Event and I hope to see more of you creations. Hugs Larelle-Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda this is gorgeous i just love that image
    hugs
    marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is very pretty!!
    But to make chance to win or get a top 3 spot please use a CC Design or The Greeting Farm image..
    Please come back soon with a qualifying image at ANYYONE FOR ANYA

    HUgs AFA DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card!! Thank you for sharing at Anyone for Anya:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, I love all details !
    Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge blog !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card, so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx