Followers

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Love Potion No 9

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I have had a lovely day playing with my new stamps by Sheena Douglass.  Very magical and fabulous stamps.  I am a big Harry Potter fan and have read the books at least 3 times and watched the films 3 times too.  You have just gotta love Alan Rickman as Snape he is as Ron would say "bloody brilliant".

I have tried a technique that Sheena showed us a few years ago using Floor polish wax with mica powders and acetate, it hasn't come out as well as I wanted but for a first attempt I don't think I have done too bad.  I used Silver embossing powder for the Goblet but it doesn't show up very well on the photograph but does in real life!





Recipe
1. The base card is made using Spellbinder Grande Circle die and pearlescent card
2. I have added lilac spotty card to the base and wrapped silver ribbon around.  I stamped the bottles onto Neenah card with Memento and coloured them with Copics.
3.  I cut out the silver pearlescent card using Spellbinder Grande Decorative circle die.
4. I cut the frame using pearlescent white card and Grande circle dies.
5.  I stamped the goblet using Versamark and embossed with WOW embossing powder in silver onto acetate which I had cut out.  I spread the polish over the acetate and added mica powder then put a single sheet of tissue and left to dry.
6 Once this was dry I matted and layered onto a piece of pinkish card, then added the frame which I have stamped the swirls from the stamps set, as well as the sentiment Love and Love Potion No 9.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


20 comments:

  1. Oh I just knew we had so much more in common, and Snape, yummy...I have read all the books, more than once, and seen all the films, more than once, LOL..

    Now onto the business end of the deal, LOL...to use your hubby's words, "blooming! brilliant"....love and hugs hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, love the colouring technique and the silver goblet.

    Sylvxx
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't know so much about Harry Potter - but this is bloody brilliant too. So pretty in all that purple!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Linda,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Linda, I like the design the colours and the shape.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an original easel card ! Beautiful shape. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous hun, love the colours and the shape
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, this looks great Sweetie, a lovely effect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful card Linda, gorgeous colours and love that goblet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a stunning card. The floor polish technique gives such an interesting look and I like you choice of background colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so fabulous!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, fab technique, love the colours you've chosen, I've been wanted to do the captured in crystal technique for ages, but my local supermarket doesn't seem to carry the clear floor wax cleaner only the browny coloured one, very annoying its brilliant, I have done it with clear glossy gel though which comes out well, just expensive as it uses a lot of product. Sorry for waffling lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Hun, yay! I get to comment :-) I love this, you've done a fab job with the technique ( I shall be trying it later) so glad you loved the new stamps... I can't wait to see today's projects :-)
    Anyhoooooo thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card and a great technique with the floor polish great colours you ave chosen too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Harry Potter too, and think your card is abracafabulous!!! Love your sparkly goblet and the shape of your card. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous and beautiful card Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely easel card Linda. I have heard about this technique and really need to have a go. Love the Harry Potter books and films too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. brilliant another HP and Sheena fan, me too. I love the Caught in Crystal technique it is so dramatic. I think Snape would be very happy with your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges during our N week. Good luck. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card, love the shape. Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool!!! Thanks so much for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx