Followers

Saturday, 31 August 2013

Wise Friend

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A good productive day both house wise and craft wise.  I have managed to make a few toppers so tomorrow I will be spending the day making cards with them.  Last night hubby and I watched part one of the final book of Harry Potter, tonight we will watch the final part.

Tonight's card I have made for the one word challenge set by Angie who won last night's challenge.  She chose the word Owls.  I just had to use this owl from Sam Poole's Wise Friend set.


Recipe

1. 6 x 6 Gold ribbed square card.
2. Matted and layered orange and brown pearlescent card.
3. Stamped owl which is from Sam Poole's Wise Friend stamp set onto acetate and embossed with gold embossing powder.  Painted the back of the owl with acrylic paints, once dry added floor wax cleaner to the back then added orange, gold and brown mica powder, put a tissue over this and left to dry.  Once dried cut to a square and attached to gold mirri card with brads then matted and layered onto brown card.
4. Stamped feather onto tissue paper and embossed with gold embossing powder cut out and stuck to card.  5. The leaves where stamped onto scrap card which was left over from a card I made a couple of days ago which has radiance inks ginger spice and ginger flower, cut out and placed down the side of the card.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

26 comments:

  1. Such a fun card. Love the autumn colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous Linda fab colours.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this owl sooooooo much ,and so much work ,must give this a go
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful owl amazing cols xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love him & his clockface eyes!
    Great project Linda!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Playing catch up again!! I can see you've been a busy bee again Linda, some fabulous projects including this one. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card love the owl Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay I'm finally home and I'm loving your card Linda - just love this stamp set - its on my list!!! Lol!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Linda. Love that owl and the techniques you have used. A real eye catching card.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that owl is just stunning and I love the rust color for it. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Linda, I love the owl.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for The Sweet Pea Stampers fantasy challenge - Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this wise friend :-) the gold embossing looks really rich and perfect. The shaping to the leaves border is wonderful and gives it a great look of movement to them.

    I just want to say Thank You for always leaving such lovely and encouraging comments on my blog. You left these before I got to know you and realised what an absolutely lovely lady you are with a heart of gold. I class you as someone very special to me :-)

    Hugs and <3
    Lisa xxxxxx

    P.S. I hope you will join in my blog candy, if you haven't already xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card, love all the different techniques you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card love the owl so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Linda, love the owl he is so cute, great colours, great design.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute little owl, beautiful card, great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Twoo cute for words, love this...a fab fun card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect male or female card Linda.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! I love the colours and the shine. Thanks for playing along with the SweetPea Stampers & good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Linda, so sweet..Thank you for joinng us at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you join us again. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I am loving this Linda, love the way you have done the leaves down the side, at 1st i thought it was shells, very clever, love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda, you have made a wonderful owl card. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “fantasy” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous. Love the color tones. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. very cool - love those golden tones and fall colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous colours on this card and I love the gold embossing in particular.

    Thanks for joining in with our "fantasy" challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx